Smart Locks SmartApp

Well today it is finally changing the status back to locked. 3 times today it changed the status back to locked exactly one hour after the unlock. 1 time it was exactly 2 hours. 1 time it was an odd amount of time, 2 hours and 6 minutes.
These times are logged in IDE in the device states list.

That’s pretty solid.

Heres my thought. How far is the device from the hub. How many devices do you have between the hub and lock?

I would take the lock off the door and go sit down next to the hub and test unlocking and locking and see if your time increases to seconds. Just a thought.

Any one else having with this lately.
All my locks show as unkown, in SHM yet the history and also if i look at the dth everything is ok.

What is the model of the locks? Which DTH are you using? What are your battery levels?

Mine is OK, I just checked.

I have 3 Schlage FE469NX locks and I am not using the standard dth because I prefer using “lock Manager” to handle my codes so I am also using the “Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock” dth.

I was only using Smart Locks to only view their status and this had been working fine until just recently.
I believe I got the idea from a post of yours @jkp

Edit: batteries are at 95% and 100%
I have no other issues with them

Yup, I am. I just noticed a couple hours ago. Locking and locking the device does nothing to change that either, but it’s fine elsewhere in the mobile app.

The one lock feature I miss that Staples Connect had was that after a certain amount of failed attempts to guess the code by a person trying to break in could be used as a trigger. It would be great to see SmartThings add that to this SmartApp.

Are you also using a custom DTH?

Thats the one thing that I also wish lock manager had, I belive its on the to do list!

I have 3 locks, 1 being a “real” lock (August 3rd Gen) using the stock ST DTH (works fine), the other 2 are repurposed open/close sensors using a custom DTH. 1 of those is a zwave device, and the other a zigbee. It’s the custom DTH for the zwave device that says UNKNOWN.

1 Like

Looks like in some update (it was working initially, when smart locks came out), tied the lock status to the lock codes capabilities. Previously status worked even if you used a custom dth, where codes didn’t (it requires a couple of attributes). I was able to have it show status again, by briefly switching back to the upstream ‘zwave lock’ (not w/ codes) dth, and switching back to my custom handler. Status/state changes now work, however its still somewhat stupid, as details will show “4 locks locked, 1 unlocked” for my 5 locks, while the homescreen shows “All locks locked” (one is in fact unlocked in this case). Definitely defeats the purpose, but might be solveable.

Anyone have a fix? My locks have been in “Unknown” status for a while, but only in the Smart Locks app.

same here “unkown” and error “cannot update lock status”.

I’m using the SmartThings device handler “zwave lock with codes”.

Should be using DH “Z-Wave Lock”.

changed DH, still “unknown”.

Uninstall Smart Locks and then reinstall.

All three of mine did this, I changed to the default DH and waited. Each one started reporting status in SmartLocks after give or take a week. and it did seem that the time was relative to how much I used that particular lock.

i uninstalled app, changed DH’s to z-wave lock, reinstalled app and still doesn’t work and i can’t delete codes or create codes. even rebooted hub.
Yale Lock YRD240, batteries 90%

Have you tried removing the lock from ST and pairing it back to ST?