Smart Locks SmartApp

Are you using the SmartThings DH named “Z-Wave Lock”? Or are you using a custom DH at the bottom of your list titled “z-wave lock”. The case matters that’s why I have it spelled case sensitive. The type that you select should be this one located under Z-Wave Garage Door Opener. Just want to make sure you are using the right one as other people create a copy and name it something to their liking which will show at the bottom of the list of Types. I’m sure you are but just making sure to validate.

And if you are indeed using the right one. I have something for you to try from a conversation I have had with one of the lock developers.

Create a new device handler from code and select the Z-Wave Lock. Save and Publish this for yourself. Modify the device to use the “Z-Wave Lock” at the very bottom of your list and Update. Make sure your custom one ends up as “Z-Wave Lock” <---- name matters

Don’t ask me why right now, but give it a try.

Trying to keep you from having to remove your locks from everything.

WHY? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl: I knew that was coming from you

Is your arthritic middle finger going up again.

Hehe, I thought yours might this time after my reply.

worth a shot, but didn’t work…

Are you using one of the custom Lock Apps by ethayer or rboy in conjunction with using the stock handler?

You snap the wrong screen?

I’m assuming you are running rboy since I see the Foscam there. Am I correct?

If so, did you update IDE with the latest code they released yesterday? If you haven’t, do that and leave the custom Z-Wave Lock DH in place.

the one above is my smart apps, this is my device handlers…

The one above (SmartApps) doesn’t show anything for Locks. That’s why I was assuming.

Or are you just showing that you have 4 SmartApps only and are not using a custom Lock SmartApp?

i am not running any custom lock apps.

I DO NOT LIKE CUSTOM LOCK APPS.
WOULD NOT, COULD NOT IN A TREE.
NOT IN A CAR! YOU LET ME BE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A BOX.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A FOX.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A HOUSE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A MOUSE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM ON A TRAIN.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE.
I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE.
I DO NOT LIKE CUSTOM LOCK APPS
I DO NOT LIKE THEM, WB70

But you only getting use Lock and Unlock and not all of the other functionality and features of the lock.

I DO NOT LIKE THEM LACK OF FEATURES IN AN ST BOX. :grin:

Alright well, I think you might have to take @jkp suggestion and remove from ST and reset your locks. I would uninstall Smart Locks too and then add everything back in. Not seeing any other way around. Go back to the ST stock handler once you get your devices added again. No need for the custom one.

Sam will end up liking custom lock apps at the end!!!

Is Sam the Rottweiler?

he is a doberman.

I pity the person who robs my house, i got two!

1 Like

From afar it looked like a Rotty. Clearly a dobie once I zoomed in.

No need for you to even have locks on your doors at all. Just put a sign on door. Take your chances.

Looks exactly like my exes dog, floppy ears and all.