Smart Home Monitor LIVE!

So, does Smart Home Monitor have any sort of replacement for “The Door Has Been Open for x Minutes” type of notifications??? I find that one to be very useful, especially with kids who don’t make sure doors are fully closed.

edit - Nevermind - I found it under Custom Monitoring Rules with the “Smart Home Monitor” App.

I can wait, Tim. I’m just glad it’s being added! I thought you were reading my mind AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Hey Dan,

Sure does. If you add a “custom” rule and add a open close sensor to the rule you will see a section labeled “for how long” put a number in there and we won’t notify you unless it’s been open for X amount of time.

1 Like

Tim,

Thank you very much! I am really liking the Smart Home Monitor app. It has some very nice features.

Now if I can just get the few devices working again that stopped after yesterday’s platform stability problems… (I know, contact support! :slight_smile: )

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

But there appears to be no visibility for any custom monitoring rules we might add (only actions and notifications). What if we miss one of those; there’s no visual in the interface.

Or am I missing something?

I see the exact same behavior where it says unconfigured even though i set up the Smoke/CO alarms.

Try setting up the intrusion section.

Looks like they might show up if you check the recently section after clicking the smart home monitor and going over two pages.

Ok… I see it now. @slagle I am so going to call you and hand it over to the missus to convey her favorite curse words if the freaking alarm goes on when she gets back home today! :slight_smile: The “I am back” event will disarm it, right? Another concern will be not to Front Patio sensor which picks up unwanted motions.

Is it me or is largely based on the SmartAlarm by @geko??

And secondly, is the code will be available in the SmartThingsPublic repository?

Thanks!

As long as you setup a routine to change the alarm state yeah :smile:

I would not recommend including this senosr in any security system

1 Like

Nice catch. I didn’t realize I can set the Home Monitor states via Routines. Probably this should work unless @geko put in some code in there to mess with me! :wink:

Goodbye!: Armed(Away)
I’m Back!: Disarm
Good Night!: Armed (Stay) - Ignore motion sensors. Only monitor outside doors.
Good Morning!: Disarm

2 Likes

He didn’t need too. I did it :wink:

1 Like

Done! 20 chars…

I hope Smart Alarm was an inspiration. :wink:
I’m glad Smart Things now has officially supported and tightly integrated security app that users can use with confidence and full backing of SmartThings support. Well done my friends!

6 Likes

@Mbhforum, can you planes let me know if it shows up. I was going to contact support but if I am reading @slagle’s post right, I will eventually get it automatically.
@slagle, should I send them a message or just wait?

Noticed a typo on the SHM introduction screen.

“Keep you home safe and sound with Smart Home Monitor.”

2 Likes

Yes, the app automagically shows up on your dashboard. They are pushing it slowly. Given the platform issues and other bugs, I am sure those might have taken priority.

How come there is no lock related stuff in Smart Home Monitor? I only see doors and motion sensors. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Sorry @Mbhforum , I meant the contacts portion. I have the Smart Home Monitor :smile: