I know there are a few threads on this topic, but instead of hi-jacking an existing one, I decided to start a new one. I’m based in Ireland and therefore the UK and Irish heating options are more or less the same.
The purpose of this thread is a discussion on options, pros cons etc
From what I can gather most people have either gone with the below which provides numerous options :
- Nest 3 (as it heats water separately) - Community Developed Integration
- Honeywell Evohome - potential Official integration sometime (but don’t hold your breath) - Community Developed Integration
- Netatmo - WIP Community Development Integration
and or these Smart TRVs
- Danfoss LC13 - Official and Community Development Integration
- Pop - Community Developed Integration
- Honeywell Evo
I’m also aware of Fiabro new TRVs.
Based on the prices of the Smart TRVs on Vesternet.com all the above or close to the same price point. So i guess its a personal preference and/or home heating set up.
For those with Danfoo and Popp TRVs what thermostats do you use ie non smart ones?
I currently have 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs. I like the idea of each room zoning, however the price points are high and as such I need to calculate my ROI on the options.