Sinope Zigbee Thermostat (Edge Driver): Outside Temperature?

@Paul_Oliver @gmctavish @jsdecarie @WesWilkey @barrios35 @FerrisBueller
Hi
Great news for the new year
Someone in this community, @Mariano_Colmenarejo, create an edge driver to use with our Sinope Thermostat and with that, the thermostat show the outside temperature like before.
So I don’t know if you are all confortable to install an edge driver on your hub. You need a invitation link and you need to log in your Samsung Account.
There is the invitation link to Mariano Colmenarejo driver page:
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424
After that, you need to accept the terms of Service and Enroll. After, you will have a list of all the drivers create by Mariano. You install what you need. There are really good driver available there. The one need to our Sinope Thermostats is name : Zigbee Thermostat Mc
More detail here :

Once the driver is install on your hub, go to your SmartThings app and select your thermostat. Go to the 3 dots on the top corner of the page and select pilot. By default the name is suppose to be Zigbee Thermostat. Click on the blue button to select another pilot. If the pilot it’s install correctly, you suppose to have the choice of select Zigbee Thermostat Mc. If not, wait and come back. Once selected, the thermostat is suppose to show the outside temperature like before. It may not be instantly. In my situation I restart the thermostat by cutting of the power of my heating system for a few minutes. You may also need to unplug your hub to restart it. I don’t really know how it’s work but it work for me.
So a big thanks to @Mariano_Colmenarejo
It’s a member really helpful in this community.
Everybody, I wish you a happy new year

5 Likes