Simplicity brand motorized blinds

Ok… I know exactly what motor that is. And no… they won’t integrate. The method I mentioned above is a partial integration and sometimes won’t work. I actually have a demo setup at my home (from testing). I’ll take a video of it and show how its working right now (I’ll have it up tomorrow, if I forget just PM me).

Essentially:

1. Connect Broadlink RM2 Pro to a spare android device.
  2. Download RM tasker plugin, it should be able to run without tasker (its a paid app).
  3. Learn the open/close/preferred position commands from the remote using RM2 Pro.
  4. Enable http server in the RM tasker plugin
  5. Create a CoRE piston that is tied to a virtual dimmer switch which calls a URL on the android device. When the URL is called the android device forwards the command to the RM2 Pro, and the RM2 Pro then broadcasts the command.
  6. Works about 80% of the time. Sometimes it just doesn’t do anything until you toggle the switch a few times in ST.

Edit: The motor itself is a generic motor and runs on 433.92 MHZ.
Second Edit (and shameless self advertising :sweat_smile:), you can check these out for integrated shades: Z-Wave + integrated blinds/shades: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Shades