SmartThings Community

SHM: Armed (Away) / Armed (Stay) Options In New App?

(Castro) #1

Hi,
I setup SHM to trigger the siren if the door and the motion sensor detects movement on Armed (Away). Now I want to setup it to use the door and motion sensor when Armed (Stay) but not the siren; for example: if door is opened, i receive a push notification and, maybe, a light turns on.

How can i do that? There’s no option to setup both status individually.

I’m using the new Smartthings app.

Thanks

(Todd M) #2

I am trying to do something similar. I have looked through the SmartThings Classic app but I did not find a solution. I have to admit that I rarely ever use the new SmartThings app. Some users here frown when someone immediately suggests using webcore, but I feel that writing a webcore piston will be required for our situation.

(Castro) #3

Hi,
I already tried the Classic version but without luck.
I can’t understand the difficulty to have it done; to me it seems a perfectly simple and obvious thing.

If the need setup for “Armed (Away)” and “Armed (Stay)” was separated, it wouldn’t happen.

(Castro) #4

Well, for what i can see, the only way is not using the “Security” option on the SHM but instead the Custom (create each one to each sensor…). Honestly, i find it ridiculous.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #5

If you have access to RBoy Apps check out this app, you can create custom actions for each mode. It doesn’t use SHM modes but instead uses hub Modes and has a few more features than SHM.

[RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Support for Lights and Taking Pictures with a Camera

(Castro) #6

Sorry but i’m looking for a solution with the Smartthings, and not searching for another app.

Thanks