Share more info on integrations

Hello, I’m a smartthings user for years namely because of the Logitech integration and the ability to use virtual switches with tuya wifi devices. Now my logitech integration/smartapp is gone and activities are not visible anymore.

Can anyoune provide me with info/screen dumps how integration works with aeotec hub and edge drivers for both tuya wifi devices and logitech harmony.

More visualisation of edge driver solutions would help in general I can imagine.

You can use the vEdge Creator to create virtual switches for use with your Tuya WiFi devices.

I can’t help you with logitech. I will leave that to others.

Is the Logitech integration to support Harmony remotes? Do you have a ST Hub?

@Paul_Oliver thanks for your help sofar
@h0ckeysk8er I don’t have a aeotec hub yet for I can not sort out if the hub would be the best solution comparing to Raspberry PI. its for a harmony remote indeed

The only solution I’ve seen relies on a ST hub and an Edge driver to provide a Harmony bridge.

If you don’t have a ST hub you can’t use the vEdge Creator, but you can use the API Browser+ to create virtual switches without a hub

1 Like

You might find the community FAQ on edge Drivers helpful:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

As far as specifics, there is a community project for integrating with a harmony hub which is very popular:

[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

There are as yet very few edge drivers for other Wi-Fi devices, though. I don’t think I’ve seen any for the Tuya Wi-Fi models. As others have said, there are several different community-created edge drivers for virtual devices, though, so you may be able to use those in combination with the official tuya cloud to cloud integration. Different drivers have different features, so you may want to look at a couple to see what best fits your own needs.

You can find these and other community created edge Drivers on the quick browse lists in the community-created wiki. In this case, there’s a list for virtual devices.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

All Edge Drivers will require a SmartThings/Aeotec hub. It’s just the way the architecture works.

Otherwise the new SmartThings architecture does now offer a public REST API, so you can write integrations using that, but it is more work.