Server reconnection guide for TV users

I have a recent notice in the latest version of the STSC app - Server reconnection guide for TV users.
For some reason @SmartThings hasn’t posted any notice about this in the community forum, so here to ask, what is this really and how will this affect TV users? - It is a bit muddy as it doesn’t give any detailed answer - This change will also depend on your location, TV model year and TV model.

Any official feedback would be appreciated from Samsung or SmartThings.

I saw this too, read it many times, and still have no clue WTF it means. :confused:

2 Likes

CYA in case they’re caught with your viewing history data and sell it somewhere and you start getting ads on your devices and stuff magically appears on your Alexa shopping list…

Say what now?

Tell it to @JDRoberts and his brand new dental intraoral camera.

2 Likes

lol, yeah I saw that post!

2 Likes

@erickv, @SamsungZell

As you are the two aforementioned “community staff”, would you mind to give us some explanation about the Notice, posted above, from the SmartThings app.

Thanks!

1 Like

I did notice the other day when I opened the TV device in the app, I had to accept the connection in a pop-up on the TV before the device loaded. I would be curious to know how long this time-out period is before it requires you to accept the connection again.

Hey guys!

Thanks for reaching out to me directly.

I’d be happy to tag this post for feedback to get the details from developers of how that message affects those TV users who received the message.

It appears that is it Targeted for Users who have not connected to Smartthings on their TV in a while, I’d be happy to escalate to see if I can locate the time period before you have to accept the connection again.

I hope this message finds you all well.

^SamsungZell

1 Like

It is a general notice in the new app. I don’t own a TV which is ST compatible, or at least I am not aware of it, or was unable to add to ST (It is a 2014/2015 H series Samsung TV), and I can see the notice in the app.

Regarding the notification that the author of this post shows, it is not addressing any kind of issues what so ever. Also, when it regards to the connection walk-through guide that pops up on SmartThings when attempting to connect to the TV, also does not help.

Looking through the feedbacks from SmartThings, the connection issue seem to have been a problem for quite a few ever since 2018, me included. I have spent days going through e-manuals, troubleshooting-through-elimination processes, forums, guides, even customer service without any progress. What I am curious to find out is why am I perfectly able to use Smart View to remote control the Samsung TV, and all of its’ functions, while SmartThings can not even locate or connect to the same TV?

1 Like

I had the update today for my TV UE55NU7470 and now my TV Plus has stopped working completely, I’ve gone through all the trouble shooting and resetting of my TV, I even hard wired in my connection to rule that. That message then popped up on my Smarthings app, doesn’t that message point to viewing cards ie. Tuners for TVs? I dont have an aerial or cable plugged in I was only using my internet to connect/tune to view the free channels on TV Plus but now that’s no longer working as it’s telling me to Setup my TV to watch any channels… very frustrated…