I also own this bulb. In fact, I was the one who posted the positive review on Sengleds website that was included in one of the earlier posts in this thread. I was super excited when this bulb was announced and was probably one of the first people to purchase it. It worked great for the first few months, but I have had a bit of trouble with it lately (more on why I believe that is in a moment). I too have been in contact with Sengled customer service. I would like to see better control of the bulb in SmartThings, primarily to adjust the sensitivity. They told me they are working on it, so hopefully we will see more functionality in the future.
Ok, so the bulb worked great for the first few months because the weather was cold and the bugs weren’t out yet. We use this light in a 12" can that is 18’ up in a vaulted portico entry we have. I setup the bulb to come on at sundown and off at sunrise. Between that time it is dimmed to 10%, but comes up to 100% when motion is detected. In addition, I set it up to push alerts and texts when motion is detected at night or when we are away. All of this worked flawlessly until summer came around. I think thermal drafting during the day in conjunction with bugs at night causes a lot of false positives. On windy days, I get a ton of false alerts during the daylight (no bugs drawn to the light) and at night, I got so many alerts that I had to disable the configuration so my wife didn’t kill me.
I had a concern bugs may be a problem, but didn’t know it would be so bad. I have other half-dim/full-on motion lights in the back of our house that are not tripped by bugs, so if there was a way to adjust the sensitivity, that may solve the problem; however, I recognize the motion sensor is directly on the bulb face itself, unlike the rear lights where the motion sensor is above the lights, so not sure if sensitivity adjustment will solve the issue or not.
Long story short, the bulb works great in theory and is highly flexible in SmartThings. However, it lacks sensitivity configuration to diminish the number of false positives. I may try putting in a separate motion detector to control the light and disabling the integrated one in the light; however, this defeats the purpose in my view.
Will keep folks posted as I evolve the setup. This has been a thorn in my side in an otherwise near perfect SmartThings setup!