Send push notification

I’m have webcore setup to send a push notification when a door sensor is open. If the door opens again, I don’t want it to send another push notification until 30mins have past. How can I do this? Thank you

(Michael) #2

Use the Notify me When app from the marketplace in the security section. It does this.

I would really like to stick with webcore if possible…

(Michael) #4

You may have better luck on the webcore forum:

(Sully) #5

A variable is probably easiest.

If Door opens and {notifed} = false {
Notify me
Set variable {notified} = true
Wait 30 minutes
Set variable {notified} = false
}

Make sure you set the task cancellation policy to never, but that’s the basic idea of what I’d do. The webcore forum can probably help you more if you’d like a more elegant solution.

Jsulliweb, I can’t figure out how to set the variable as you explained it. Could you post the script? Thanks for your help!

(Sully) #7

Sorry, my explanation probably implies you know more than I think it does… because I generally assume most folks around here know more than me. :grin: Anywho, here’s the code for what I mentioned above. Hope it helps!

And as mentioned before: I set the task cancellation policy for action to “Never Cancel Tasks”.

Thanks so much for that! I’m still a beginner to core… I’m not going to tell you how long it took me to find where to set the TCP! lol… Do you know if there’s a way to add the time the contact sensor opens in the push notification?

(Sully) #9

Something like this?

Change the message type (blue box to the left of the text from Value to Expression. Then, write text inside " " and a + between it and the variable. In this case, I used $time, but you can also change it to $time24 if you prefer 24-hour time or to $now if you want the date and time. Once, you get to the expression and you hit $, it will list all the options you have. Those are the three easiest for me to deal with.

Oh, and add your spaces inside the " " or your text will all run together.