Seeking opinion on fan control switch

I want to replace my current wifi fan switches and am looking at these two. Fans are Hampton Bay pull chains, 3 speed. I’ve been reading reviews and they seem mixed on both. I looked into Inovelli but I would have to replace the fan housing as well for the receiver to fit.

Does anyone have any personal experience with either as far as integration, device feedback when manually pressed, can the LED be disabled, etc.

GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Fan Control, 14287

HomeSeer HS-FC200+

Thanks!

I just replaced a GE fan switch with an Inovelli switch.

The GE switch works like a dimmer switch with specific setpoints. I cant try it anymore but I dont think the LED is customizable.

If you are just looking for basic 3 level fan control, this is a solid switch that I never had problems with.

You MIGHT be able to change the GE LED bulb state through a custom DTH but, unlike simple on-off, it gives blink codes for fanspeed so it may not just be a simple on/off toggle like the switches and dimmers… TBH I’ve had mine in so long I’ve almost forgotten about them.

I can vouch for both the GE and Inovelli as solid devices, haven’t used a HomeSeer…

1 Like

Jasco makes both of those and just puts a different brand name on them. They may have a few slightly different features and slightly different firmware, but they are essentially the same device.

The following community FAQ lists the various fan control alternatives that people have used. You might find it interesting. (Although it says Alexa in the topic title, the same solution applies whether you are using a voice assistant or not)

FAQ: 2020 Ceiling Fan and Dimmer light wall mount control compatible with SmartThings and Alexa?

2 Likes