Schlage Sense lock integration

(Bryant) #1

Good morning family! I was wondering if anybody has being able to integrate the Schlage Sense lock with SMT! I want to be able to see or get alert when the batteries need to be change.

Thanks!

That model is a bluetooth/HomeKit lock. It is unfortunately not compatible with SmartThings. There is a bluetooth radio in the V2 hub, but it has never been turned on and there is no way for a customer to do so. :disappointed_relieved:

(Bryant) #3

Thanks JD. I hope SMT can turn that on. For me It make sense for them to do that before the feature was incorporated in the making of V2.

(Mark) #4

Many people think the v2 hub was rushed into production around the time Samsung acquired SmartThings, even if it wasn’t actually finished.

(Bryant) #5

I think so too…; hopefully they can allow consumers to benefit all the features. They’ve already make the money in my opinion, so I think they should get that open.

(Justinfanok) #6

They just announced a WiFi adapter for Schlage sense.

This might make SmartThings integration possible.

(Leads Rating) #7

How about the Connect model? Do both Schlage Sense and Connect integrate with ST?

The connect model uses Z wave or zigbee and works directly with smartthings. It is on the official compatibility list.

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/keyless-deadbolt-locks/schlage-connect-platforms.html

The sense model uses Bluetooth and works only with HomeKit. It will not work with smartthings.

(Frak) #9

I’ve used two of these Schalge WiFi adapters on two different Schlage Sense locks and neither of them work. It just refuses to pair. I tried two different iPhones with latest iOS 11. No dice.