Schlage Connect keypad not working

@SortofSmart Is your lock ser to auto lock enabled? I got the new replacement lock from Schlage yesterday and installed it. It worked fine with autolock enabled, but as soon as I disabled autolock the same issue happened after a few lock/unlocks… I then re-enabled auto lock and is working fine so far… wondering if everyone here is experiencing the same pattern.

It is not and I never had it enabled. How frequently was your keypad issue occurring at first? Mine was like once a week and then started happening every few days.

I never had autolock enabled, because sometimes the door is not closed properly and that would make a bad issue worse…

With the old lock its occuring once a week, then after a few weeks I called customer svc and they shipped me a new one. I just installed the new one yesterday so I am not sure how mileage will vary with autolock enabled…fingers crossed

1 Like

This is happening to my Schlage, now, too. The first time, I took the lock apart and reconnected the jumper wires from the keypad to the radio on the inside. That fixed it, but wasn’t sure if it was that or removing the batteries. This second time, I disconnected and reconnected the batteries and it started working again.

Looks like I might need to contact Schlage.

Just giving everyone an update, I got the replacement lock 4 month ago and it worked fine until today where the same issue happened. Going to contact Schlage to see if they have figured out what’s wrong with it.

Same issue here. Schlage connect. In service for about a month. Came home tonight and keyoad didn’t work. Luckly I had a key. going to try and disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Having the same issue with 2 of 4 of the same locks. they have been installed for only 2 weeks.

This thread has been pretty helpful. I have narrowed down that the 2 locks having the issue are usually open during the day, and do not have auto lock on, but the 2 OK ones are locked, and have auto lock on.

The office manager is testing the autolock theory with one of the ones showing the issue

I installed 2 locks a couple of weeks ago. Just had same issue with one of them. Disconnect/reconnect batteries solved it for now. Any update on the autolock relation?

The Schlage FAQ on this issue suggests doing a factory reset - neither solution is very effective if a guest cannot get into a vacation rental unit.

I’ve had the same thing happen twice (non responsive keypad connected to ST, corrected by pulling battery pack) in the last 6 weeks.

Clearly there’s a design or manufacturing problem with these locks. Does anyone have any recommendations for other smart locks that also support the use of a key?

I’m having the same issue with my almost 2 year old lock. First time it happened maybe a year after install, and has done the same a few times since. In all situations the ST lock/unlock continued to work and a unplug/plugin of the battery pack fixed the issue.

Hoping Schlage gets the real problem fixed, otherwise I’ll be looking for another brand

So new out of the box this problem happened 26 hours after first installation. Keypad non responsive, but the alarm button on the back lights up when pressed, and it responds to Zwave commands. Pulling the battery and putting it back in makes the keypad come back to life. I have autolock disabled because they didn’t include a contact sensor to see if the door was closed… making it all but certain closing the door will smash the doorframe when carrying groceries in.

I have the new Z-Wave Plus (be-469zp) model that was just released. Anybody solve this problem, or are all these things just trash?

Check that the wires are properly connected - there is the one connection when you put the lock together on the door… if you are usuing the batteries that came with the lock, switch them out with new ones. Last, contact Schlage support.

You still having an issue? If so did you try to reset the lock?

If you have a door contact sensor and access to RBoy Apps, check out the LUM app, it has the ability to auto relock the door only when the door is closed.

Same lock, same problem. Started when my lock was 1 month old. Schlage sent a replacement lock, and as long as I left it in the “autolock after 30 seconds mode” it seemed to work ok. But now 7 months later, even when in autolock mode, it has started to have the same problem again with the keypad dying, but the lock still responding to commands from my phone app. I have found that if I unlock the lock remotely, then let it autolock on its own, it will reset the keypad without having to remove the battery. But I’m having to do that every 2 weeks or so now. Definitely not reliable.

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Being on a business, the lock is not covered under warranty and the previous replacement was sent as a one-time accommodation. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I highly recommend looking into commercial model locks as they may hold up better with the use a business gets.

Please let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Thank you and Have a safe day!

Deanna Green
Consumer Loyalty Representative

Same thing happened to me last week. ST showed 98% battery charge and the keypad simply died. Switched the batteries and it is working for now at least. Schlage Camelot (zwave).

Mine suddenly stopped responding the other day and I just disabled and re-enabled the keypad using the device interface in the ST app. Came right back to life!

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.