No you don’t need to change anything out. You probably need a ZWave repeater with beacon capability between your ST hub and your lock.
These things are finicky to pair because of the security key, I’ve found that just a few feet matters.
- install a ZWave hard wired repeater (like a switch or an outlet) close to the lock. (I have the light switch for my porch light doing this) and make sure it’s added to your network and operates correctly.
- install NEW batteries in the lock (prevent signal strength issues)
- follow the Schlage instructions to factory reset the lock (a surprisingly high number of users found this fixed them…)
- get a LONG network cable and extension cord and get. Your ST hub online as close to the lock as possible (within 5 ft. If you can) (distance matters for secure pairing with key exchange)
- start the general device exclusion for the hub and run the lock through its exclude routine (its in the lock manual)
At this point your lock should be in absolutely prime condition to pair…
- attempt to add the lock.
If that doesn’t work, call schlage for help.