Schalge Connect Z-Wave with new Aeotec Hub

I’m not sure if the OP ever got that far, or they tried to cancel because they didn’t initially have the barcode and then pairing failed. I’ve had to intentionally downgrade a couple of S2 switches to be able to use them to control non S2 devices by direct association . I’ve noticed that when you cancel on the barcode screen the app takes an incredibly long time to pair after that for some reason. I’m thinking this huge delay in pairing might cause some devices to timeout and not connect.

If you have the barcode and don’t need to communicate directly between non s2 devices, s2 inclusion is probably the way to go, especially for a lock. Although I doubt anyone could hack s0 inclusion either, and as someone pointed out recently, it would be a lot easier to break a window then ever hack a zwave lock.

1 Like

I’ve been busy with work the last few days, but finally got some time today to fiddle with the door lock some more. Long story short, even though the batteries were showing 98% within the ST app, I went ahead and replaced fresh batteries in the door lock. This apparently resolved my issues, and the door lock successfully paired, and went through the appropriate S2 pairing with QR code verification this time. So just as a summary, in case anyone ever wants another step-by-step guide for transitioning their Schlage to a new Hub.

1. Delete device in ST App. (Schlage Z-Wave Plus model you can use the enroll/disenroll button on device PCB when you initiate the ST app delete). This should successfully delete the device from ST.
  2. Reset Schlage Door Lock (Unplug battery pack, press and hold keypad “Schlage” button, plug battery pack back in and confirm green flashing light confirmation) Additionally, use your factory key pad code to initiate lock calibration.
  3. Restart new Hub and place as close to your Schlage lock as possible. (Mine was within 1’ and I HAD TO USE NEW BATTERIES)…just trying to save anyone else the headache and wasted time.
  4. New Hub - Run a device exclusion in ST app (Just to play it safe to help prevent issues, this should show 1 device deleted in ST app)
  5. Add Device in ST app (Add device - Schlage - Z-Wave Connect)
  6. Press enroll button on Schlage Door Lock
  7. The ST app should ask for your S2 QR code fairly quickly. The rest of the install should be straight forward.

Not saying the above steps are all required, but I figured the more detail and notes the better for anyone else having difficulty getting their lock to add. For future reference:

Aeotec Hub Firmware: 35.00004

Schlage Lock: Hardware Sticker Firmware 11.0
ST IDE Info: * fw: 3.3

• manufacturer: Schlage
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_ACCESS_CONTROL

Lastly, thank you @Rboy and @mwav3 and @JDRoberts for all of your ideas and help in resolving this issue. It is truly appreciated.

3 Likes