Samsung TV integration

Hi

I have a problem with the Samsung TV integration.

I have completed the following

1. Added the Code Template for samsung TV
  2. Loaded on the Phone App
  3. It discovered my TV (which is 1 month old so should be supported)
  4. I select my TV
  5. When I click “Done” I get “Failed to save page Samsung discovery”

Am I missing a step or do I need to add something to the Samsung TV… which is uptodate and connected to the network.

Any thoughts?

Just found the topic with the code in it. I’ll try getting the code added and see if I can’t get my tv added when I get home from work.

1 Like

Cool… Let me know how you get on

I can’t get the SmartApp added. I get an error that Metadata definition not found.

can you point me to it? and what exactly is the extent of the integration?
thanks

1 Like

Hey, did you ever get any joy with this? Is there a device type I need to add as well? I get the same message as @tonywood

Having same issues. Did you guys get it to work ?

Same issue with me. Getting the error message “Failed to save page: samsungDiscovery”. Anyone managed to solve it?

I caught the same error. I noticed that the device type wasn’t loaded so I grabbed the source and loaded from source in the IDE and it works now.

Can you control your tv now ?

1 Like

Follow the instructions here:

Note that if you have a Samsung TV that uses Tizen OS (J series) it probably won’t work, potentially pre-2012 won’t work either.

What do you mean “loaded from source in IDE”? Did you just make a copy of the SmartApp and it suddenly started to work or did you change something in the source code?

I didn’t change the code, just noticed that their was no devicetype. clicked New DeviceType, selected From Code tab, copy and pasted code for the device type, then clicked Create button. Then the devicetype of samsung smart tv showed up in IDE. I then restarted app on iPhone and this allowed me to add my tv.

Yes, the app now can do most everything that my remote control that came with the tv can do.

Where did you copy the code from? I checked the list of codes of different device types, but there is none for Samsung.

Found a code by lagrian here:

Is this the one you used?

yes, that is the code I used.

So which tv’s can be connected to ST?

Well, I have Samsung UE55ES8000 and it does not work. I was able to add the SmartApp, detect the TV, but none of the buttons in the device control works. Anyone any ideas/suggestions where to get updated commands for different TV models to update the Device Type code accordingly?