Samsung TV Ambient mode

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this question? Hope somebody can help??
Samsung AU8000 tv. Been using Ambient mode dynamic filter since I bought the TV, all was working fine until recently.
Now, every time I try to send my photos from my phone to the TV I get this error in smart things:
An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices (015400)
I’ve tried resetting the TV to factory settings and uninstalling and installing smartthings (yesterday) , but still the error persists.
Both the phone and TV are on the same WIFI network and the TV is connected to the phone.
I read somewhere about connecting via bluetooth, which I’ve done, but it says it is connected for audio. As soon as I try sending photos bluetooth disconnects.
It only seems to be happening when using dynamic filter.
No idea if the error is being caused by the TV or Smart Things.
Can anybody help please?

Hello,

You seem to be on the right track! The Samsung Community forums are a great place to find help with Samsung devices like your TV. Here’s what you can try based on the information you provided:

Possible Causes:

SmartThings App Glitch: Uninstalling and reinstalling the app was a good first step. You can try clearing the SmartThings app cache on your phone as well. This might resolve temporary glitches.

Software Issue: There might be a recent software update on your TV or phone causing incompatibility with the dynamic filter function.
Troubleshooting Steps:

Clear SmartThings App Cache: This will remove temporary data that might be causing issues. The steps to clear cache might vary depending on your phone model but you can usually find it under Settings > Apps > SmartThings > Storage.

Check for Software Updates: Make sure both your TV and SmartThings app are updated to the latest versions. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues.

Try a Different Connection Method: While Bluetooth might not be ideal for photo transfer, you can try connecting your phone and TV directly through Wi-Fi Direct. This creates a peer-to-peer connection and might bypass any SmartThings app involvement.

Try Static Filter: As a temporary solution, see if the Ambient Mode works with a static background image instead of the dynamic filter.
Additional Resources:

Samsung community thread with a similar issue: Samsung TV Ambient mode not working
Samsung Support Page on Ambient Mode:

If none of these solutions work, it might be helpful to reach out to Samsung Support directly. They can provide further assistance and diagnose the issue more accurately.

I hope the information may helps you.

I’ve found that whilst Dynamic filter doesn’t work whatsoever, all of the other options seem fine. So until it gets fixed I’m using Screen Photo. Which displays my photos but doesn’t add weather effects etc. Still not sure if the error is caused by Smart Things or the TV though.