Samsung Soundbar K650 and KS8500 integration

Hi everyone, new smartthings user and this looks great!

I got 2 questions,

1. I have a Samsung KS8500 on the same network as my smartthings and yet my smartthings can’t detect it, is it normal?

2. I have a samsung K650 (soundbar) and Smartthings did see it, but the only think i can do with it is mute the sound bar, the status of the sound bar is always turned off in the Smartthings app, and if i click on it, you see the application trying to open it up, but never gives an error and just goes back to ‘turned off’ and the sound bar doesn’t power on.

Are those features not fully implemented for those devices?

Thanks

Take a look

1. KS8500 is a TV (correct)? A lot of the devices do not get detected in the official integration.
  2. K650 - That is the limit you will get with the official integration.

I am working on an unofficial WiFi speaker/soundbar integration (link below). It does not (today) support your soundbr; however, it is a 10 minute job to add your soundbar to the mix in the Beta version.

If you are interested, need the following answered:
A. can you control the soundbar through the Multiroom app?
B. what input sources are native to the soundbar?

Get back in touch!

(Currently, the Beta version provides basic control plus capturing stations played on the Multiroom App as Presets. Thereafter, you just press the preset. Future will add group presets (set up on Multi-room app once, the device handler will remember.)

1 Like

It<s fine thanks i have a logitech harmony otw

Hey, is there any chance you got it to work? I have the hw-k650 and it has never worked properly. I’m very interested in what you could tell me about it. Thanks :+1::slight_smile:

First, I no longer have a SmartThings hub and with the recent changes I do not know if anything is working. However, the code includes the HW-K650 speaker and may still work.