Samsung SmartCam: SNH-P6410BN, SNH-E6440BN and SNH-1011ND (+WWW Digest auth) (tested and working)

Unfortunately I could not figure out any way to downgrade the firmware. I saw some hacks in YouTube to get root access to the camera but it does not work with the latest firmware.

I am also desperately looking for a solution to roll back the firmware but could not figure it out yet.

Phil,
Can you send some screen shots of the configuration page? I tried this config with the SNH-E6414BN form Costco and it did not work.

Did you ever figure out the url path for the audio for these cameras? I am using the rtsp with blue iris but haven’t figured out the correct url for voice.

I really think it is great that SOME of you were able to hack on this and get it to work.

However, sure seems like Samsung should make cameras that SAMSUNG makes work with SmartThings.

And with my SMART TV with a “supposedly” SMART HUB that will always be current and has a camera built-in.

-dissapointed.

I am trying this on older outdoor camera… versoin 1.00_140901
I can communicate but do not get a header in the return result… I added extra logging there is no map.header

ie

‎1‎:‎34‎:‎15‎ ‎PM: debug map.headers = null

83ce340f-8900-4baf-8291-8e44a6a3720a ‎1‎:‎34‎:‎15‎ ‎PM: debug map = [index:17, mac:BC66411100AE, ip:C0A80B84, port:0050, requestId:21ce203f-d0bd-40b2-bab1-20a8647684d6]

83ce340f-8900-4baf-8291-8e44a6a3720a ‎1‎:‎34‎:‎15‎ ‎PM: debug Parsing output: ‘index:17, mac:BC66411100AE, ip:C0A80B84, port:0050, requestId:21ce203f-d0bd-40b2-bab1-20a8647684d6’

83ce340f-8900-4baf-8291-8e44a6a3720a ‎1‎:‎34‎:‎15‎ ‎PM: debug request = GET /cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=jpg&resolution=2 HTTP/1.1
Accept: /
Host: 192.168.11.132:80
Authorization: Digest username=“admin”, realm=“iPolis”, qop=“auth”, algorithm=“MD5”, uri="/cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=jpg&resolution=2", nonce=“6808b8c3d14364b379e6df41611361ef”, cnonce=“d4e88cf4”, opaque="", nc=9, response="bbf8653e63b3ec29412cf9c2a6c36c45

any ideas… thanks

Hello Greko6,

Is there any hope that you can help us to build a custom firmware to re-enable HTTP access (or find a way to roll back to old firmware)?

Regards,
Tevfik

This inability to use the SmartCam without internet is probably the worst idea they could think of, if they want to assure security should as well allow their own application to access the SmartCam without internet via local network, but anyway this is the way Samsung “thinks”, or not.

Regards,
Marius

Hi all,
Any of you have succesfully FIX the firmware update LOCAL-ip limitation?
I think it’s not FAIR from SAMSUNG remove this feature hiding it on firmware update.
I’ve spent 500 euro buyin 5 SMART CAMS 300 in synology and now simply i can’t no more use it.

What samsung suppose I have to do with it? and why in the firmware update the didn’t mention that updating the firmware will result loosing the local access to the camera?

Thanks guys
Silvio iTALY

So… How would one go about using the REST endpoints to actually set data in the camera?

So… How does one use the REST endpoint to set values to the camera?

My Costco SN-V6413B has been asking me to do a firmware update in the last few days. Has anyone been brave enough to try it to see if local access is still available?

It asks me every time I access the camera via the SmartCam app, so it’s just a matter of time before I absentmindedly say “Now” instead of “Later” :slight_smile:.

Hello,
I noticed that there is a new firmware v1.08 for SNH-P6410BN. Has anyone tested this firmware? Any hope to get local connectivity back?

Local connectivity is not back with this firmware.

Hi all
How to SNH - P6410BN view on SmartTiles.click?:sunglasses:

Thanks!

I purchased a P6410BMR - refurbished. So far all good, it comes with firmware 1.50_14xx

I’ve verified that the “/cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=jpg&resolution=” URL works and I don’t want to upgrade the firmware. I’ve tried to add the camera to a ST V2 hub but it wants the latest firmware. I’ve tried to get the code from https://github.com/KowszewiczGrzegorz/SmartThings/tree/master/Devices/Samsung%20SmartCam%20SNH-P6410BN121 running but it won’t work.

Has anyone gotten this to work on a V2 hub? Am I better off upgrading the firmware and using the Samsung ST V2 integration with the P6410? Am I correct in assuming that Samsung’s integration will allow a 3 minute video clip to be taken when an intrusion happens and also one can view a live stream on demand? Is that better than Grzegorz’s DTH?

Thanks

my SNH-V6414BN (smartcam HD Pro) unfortunately updated :sob:!
so I`m stick with limitation :scream:!!
I discovered this port
HTTP [80]
HTTPS [443]
Rtsp [554] /onvif/profile2/media.smp
Rtsp [4520] /onvif/profile2/media.smp
49152 /rootDesc.xml

and here about FIRMWARE its like removed!

SNH-V6414BN
160714 <FIRMWARE_FILE>http://www.samsungsmartcam.com/firmware/snhe6414bn.tgz</FIRMWARE_FILE>

I need get recorded files with simplest way
Thank you

if have 2 cameras SNH-E6440 BN
One with Firmware 1.00
One with Firmware 1.07

Is is possible to get out the Firmware (1.00) from one camera and then update the second one with that firmware?
(i want to do an downgrade, which is officially not possible)

Does anybody know the servers/urls the camera is looking for new firmware? maybe it is possible to use a own dns server and then redirect it to an own server wich serves the firmware…

2 Likes

SNH-E6413 is on Woot today… what’s the final verdict with everyone as of today, are we functional? =)

Just wanted to reply back to this old thread and say thanks. I don’t have a SmartCam, I have a WansView NCM625GA, but as I was trying to get it to work I found that it was Digest authentication also. Used your code (slightly modified) and was able to get it to work. Thanks!

By the way, in case anyone else uses this code above: I had to edit the getPictureName method. It was including the device ID in the filename, which means it was including the colon between the ip and port. That was causing the image to not show in the app for me.

I also removed the whole “Taking” tile state because it gets stuck whenever it requires a second authentication.

I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and filed an official complaint against Samsung Corporation and Hanwha Techwin (the developer of the camera/firmware) regarding this matter. The reason I did this is that the behavior of the manufacturer and/or it’s contracted developer(s) is reprehensible–the company only initiated a firmware update to remove third-party access/development/support after they realized there was revenue to be made through their own service; what’s worse, in the firmware update and the TOS/TOU, the consumer was never informed that A) this was possible, and B) this behavior had been included in the new firmware. The nail in the coffin was the fact that the company also did not A) provide an informed opt-in/out function with the firmware, nor did they B) provide an option to downgrade the firmware (to date). I encourage others to do so as well because after hours of deliberations with multiple representatives across three (3) companies/subsidiaries regarding this firmware issue and the anti-competitive nature of it, the only recourse is first FTC initiated action, and then a class-action lawsuit if the company does not comply. If the FTC cannot take action, I will be submitting this for CAL at earliest, because if it has happened to me (us) it has happened to millions of others undoubtedly across the IP camera marketplace. The URL to file a complaint in the United States of America is here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

2 Likes