Samsung Smart Plug (2019) & SmartThings Energy

Recently discovered SmartThings Energy, and wanted to utilise the current Samsung Smart Plugs we have within SmartThings Energy, but, they don’t show up as compatible devices within SmartThings Energy.

I don’t understand why, as within the Smart Plug, it shows some energy consumption and power meter info, so would naturally assume this would feed into the Energy application, no?

Or, am I doing something wrong, and this Smart Plug should work with SmartThings Energy?

Thanks.

Unfortunately SmartThings Energy only works with Samsung appliances. Why this limitation, who knows…

4 Likes

Thanks @Automated_House, that makes sense. Real pity, though.

Quote from the Samsung Website;

Support 2021 models of Samsung air conditioner, washer, dryer, dishwasher, air dresser, air purifier, and vacuum cleaner. All Samsung Family Hub 6.0 refrigerators are supported.

Source: https://www.smartthings.com/partners/smartthings-energy

2 Likes

I have a 2021 Samsung Dishwasher (model DW60A8070BB) and it appears not compabile with SmartThings Energy! Why?
I don’t see any power consumption and SmartThings Energy is empty (no compatible device)
Any suggestion to have it working?
Thanks

1 Like

Yes, I agree at this point SmartThings energy is useless unless you plan on spending thousands of dollars to replace all of your appliances with the latest Samsung versions. I am certainly not replacing all of my new appliances with NEWER appliances just to use an App.

I have a 3 year old Samsung washer and dryer $2000, Samsung stove 2 years old $1500 and Samsung 65" NeoQLED TV 6 months old $2000. All of these appliances and TV are connected to SmartThings but the only device listed and monitored in ST energy is the TV.

I also have 60+ smart devices connected to Smartthings Aeotec V3 hub. 20 of those devices (outlets, plugs, Aeotec HEM v5, washer and dryer, etc.) provide power metering data to the SmartThings app but not a single one shows up in the ST energy application! Seriously the Aeotec Energy Monitor HEM v5 that is physically connected to my incoming power cables which measures every watt being used in my home is NOT included in the ST Energy application! How does that make any sense!

What is the point of this application? I mean doesn’t it make sense that an application meant to monitor energy usage in your smart home should be able to gather energy information from any smart home device that is providing that data??

I love Samsung devices but many times the company makes some extremely stupid decisions, this is one of those times.

Samsung fix your junk, allow any device that provides power metering information to be displayed in the SmartThings energy dashboard!

3 Likes