Samsung SleepSense

Well I’m betting you guys have been working all sorts of hours preparing for IFA so that couch may have been put to good use!

1 Like

And what about one person and one dog? (No, serious question, really. :sunglasses: :dog:)

Anyway, the following is an interesting in-depth article about the device. Points out that this is the first device Samsung has manufactured specifically to work with SmartThings.

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/09/03/samsung-ifa-2015-show-shifts-focus-from-smartphones-to-iot/

Unfortunately I don’t have a dog to test that out with! :frowning:

Dogs are the best technology! Amazing what they can do. :wink:

And, yes–my dog makes the bed. I wonder what the SleepSense would make of that! LOL

4 Likes

@kris - Im presuming you will need two for a double bed (one for each side/person) . . . would this cause any miss communications through the mattress with mixed signals from each person or is it fairly precise (claims 97%)

this will beat my original plan to have a pressure pad on either side of the bed (which doesn’t obviously tell you if someone is asleep as a pose to laid watching tv)

Honestly I’m not sure yet as I haven’t tested this with two people. I’ll look into it and report back on this thread! :smile:

1 Like

Much appreciated @kris, its could be the game maker or killer . . . its a big ask to expect something to sense one persons heartbeat and sleep/wake state when they have another person laid 12 inches away . . . however Samsung claim its 97% accurate so i presume they have thought about the 2 people in a bed situation (3 if your a lucky lad hahahahaha)

1 Like

Hey @kris I know this isn’t close to being out yet but was curious to know if you’ve been doing any further testing and how it’s working out?

Happy to be a super cheeky beta tester with a 12" thick foam Tempurpedic mattress with the me and the GF, if you’d like :smile:

1 Like

Ooo! Great idea.
@kris, I would also be very happy to donate as many sleep cycles to your testing process as you’d like. So, please PM me and send it my way whenever you’re ready for beta time…or even alpha…heck, as long as you’re reasonably confident that it won’t burn down my house, I’ll take one before the alphabet even gets into the mix. lol …seriously.

Hope this will work with my sleep number bed. Can’t wait for it to be released

1 Like

Or what about two people and a dog? I’m also quite serious. I’m definitely looking forward to this as well for a number of reasons. I hope it won’t be too much longer before it’s released. I was looking at other alternatives the other day. Lots of interesting technology in these areas. I’d also love to help test it.

1 Like

This looks like a cool device, but I have a foam mattress, so that kills it for me.

I’m currently awaiting my beta version of Chrona from Kickstarter and hoping this will give me some good data (and maybe even an integration)

1 Like

Decided a bit earlier to Google “SmartThings”. Trying to come up with inspiration for what to automate next. One of the first results was for a product I haven’t seen/heard about in awhile… The Samsung SleepSense Sensor.

The Listing comes from a website that I haven’t heard of called Crutchfield. Is the listing real or just a placeholder? I’m finding no other info about SleepSense since September. I’ve been waiting for this since the announcement at IFA. Noticed from the listing it used BLE. Hub to SleepSense direct communication inbound??

It’s definitely a placeholder as it says Ship Date Unknown.

I’d love more info on this, too.

1 Like

Placeholder, I think.

The listing says “pre-release” and there hasn’t been any mention on the official Samsung site since last September. I know there were some staffers who said they had a beta version version last fall, but that’s the last I heard of it.

Crutchfield is definitely a well known website for audio/visual equipment. Gotten stuff from them before and they’ve been good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why in the world would anyone buy anything new associated with Samsung and Home Automation at this point?!

2 Likes

Not sure, maybe for the same reasons they are posting in a ‘community’ associated with Samsung and Home Automation still? :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve been satisfied with SmartThings. The SleepSense Sensor is really neat. I have several use case ideas for automations when I wake up or fall asleep. I might even get better sleep by looking at my habits.

2 Likes

I know this thread is pretty old, but does anyone here know what happened to sleepsense? It was on my growing list of things to buy, and it just disappeared from anywhere it was being sold. What gives?