Samsung S7 not compatible with Smartthings Mobile app

I just got a new Smartthings hub and I was able to install the app from Google store on my Samsung Tab 3 running Android 5.0.2. I then attempted to install it on my Samsung S7 running Android 7.0I get the message in Google store that “your device isn’t compatible with this version”.

I guess I am just confused as to why an app supporting a Samsung product won’t load on a fairly new Samsung phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

If this is the same issue as below, then all you have to do is change the screen resolution on your phone.

Fyi. It works fine with my s7 running 7.0

Installs and runs perfectly on my S7 Edge running Nougat.

Thank you WB70! That did the trick. I tried some searches but did not come across this one.

FYI…I had my power saving turned on so disabled that and cleared data for Google play. Was able to install and reenable the power saving. All seems fine now.

Thanks again!

1 Like

J3 also wont work. No setting in display to change. Listed as Incomparable on the website doesnt show up in the store on the phone. Why does the new app not work on all phones

1 Like

It is not compatible with the A01 as well. How can I fix this?

1 Like

Just got this reply from support in regards to the Galaxy A01:

“ I am sorry to inform you that your Samsung A01 device is not compatible with the New SmartThings app.

The New SmartThings app requires a minimum RAM of 2GB of Free RAM in order support its functionality. Also, the SmartThings app is only compatible to work with the Android device (7.0 or later) or iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later).

The 2GB of RAM is what the phone is manufactured with. By the time the operating system, software, and Apps make it on to the phone, it has less than 2GB of RAM available. This is generally anywhere from 1.2GB of RAM to 1.8GB of RAM available.”

It’s really awful when a company alienates their customers and leaves them forced to upgrade equipment over a shitty app upgrade. From what I can tell, the new app is not a customer favorite anyway.

I had already replaced Smartthings in my home with Habitat, which has caused me ZERO trouble. My grandmother has been happy with the basic functions of the Smartthings hub, but now is left behind because she can’t afford a phone upgrade on a fixed income. I will likely be looking into other less exhaustive options for her, Samsung is a joke.

1 Like