Samsung goes after Apple at home with new Connect Home hub

For me, I won’t invest in one of these (Orbi, Eero, Samsung Connect Home, Cox even has their version now, etc.). I live in a 2,500 sq ft home and I have the Netgear Nighthawk 5300 and with it I don’t have a dead spot in the house or around the yard. It’s tri-band (one 2.4ghz and two 5ghz bands). I do have some LIFX bulbs around the front of my house and wanted those connected thru the 5ghz channel (5ghz is much faster but shorter range whereas 2.4ghz is longer range but less speed) so i did add a Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender to act as an Access Point (that’s my mesh). My opinion about going that route is that for me, reliability isn’t proven, more devices to maintain, more things to potentially break and add more complexity to my environment. I have read different threads on the Samsung Connect Home with some positive and some not so friendly feedback, some in this entire thread. I’m sure you will get some good reviews from others that are using any of these products successfully. Just throwing out an option/opinion that goes a different route. For me, being in the dark ages is a solid solution, lol, well not exactly the dark ages :slight_smile:

Here is an additional thread:

1 Like