Samsung Connect Home Pro wired backhaul

I am currently on V.2 hub and it’s working good.
My home has 3 stories and I put my V.2 hub on the 2nd floor. My main internet router also on the 2nd floor.
I use smart outlet as ZigBee repeaters for sensors and lights.
And I have an infrastructure ethernet on 1st floor and 3rd floor.

Recently I looking to upgrade my network and I found Samsung Connect Home Pro.
I plan to put 1 hub on each floor as it should extend both wifi and ZigBee network.
I am wondering, can I connect each hub via ethernet cable?

I found the other mesh router (velop and google wifi) are support backhaul.
But cannot find any confirm documents that wired backhaul is working on Samsung Connect Home or Pro.

(Eric) #2

It will not extend your zigbee network. Only one device has the zigbee stuff. (I think) If it does have a zigbee repeater, it doesn’t extend it over ethernet, just over normal zigbee protocol.

Thanks, and sorry I may not clear.
Ethernet solution purpose only to extend my internet network.
As Connect Home are mesh system, but I already have ethernet infrastructure.
Should I use it to connect all hub? Is Connect home support wired backhaul?
Or leave ethernet and head to new mesh system over only wifi.

And yes, I know the ZigBee doesn’t extend over the ethernet.
But I saw Smartthings Support article that Connect home will act as ZigBee and Z-Wave repeaters over mesh system. I just think to replace my AP on each floor with Connect Home sub hub.
It should make my ZigBee network stronger.

(James) #4

This can’t be true, (the part about only one having the zigbee radios) because you can buy them individually and they all have the same product number as far as I can tell. In other words, you can buy two now and add a third later if you need to and there is nothing that would indicate the one you buy later is any different then the two previously bought.

(Eric) #5

I’m not sure how it works. It wouldn’t surprise me if Samsung disables the Zigbee and zwave radios on the non-primary device.

(Ron Talley) #6

From my understanding, they repeat just like any other repeater. However, there is no repeating over ethernet which is what would be awesome.

(Eric) #7

I agree it should repeat but I can’t find any info their site to confirm that. I wouldn’t put it past SmarThings to 100% disable the radios when only used as part of the WiFi mesh network. The site only references extending the WiFi network.