Ring Spotlight Camera not discoverable in Smartthings

Okay I get it, you want to use the siren fuction of the spotlight camera as a siren from within Smart Home Monitor thus a SHM alarm would trigger the siren.

I am trying to do the same thing using ADT Tools 2.

So far, I am getting nothing. The siren does not show up.

Like I mentioned above though, the battery / solar models of the cameras are not on the supported list, the wired versions are, although support seems awfully limited. Only about 18.5% of the listed features for the devices actually work in SmartThingsā€¦

Funny how the battery operated Ring Food light is listed as a compatible device yet it isnā€™t.

Thereā€™s no such thing as a battery powered ring floodlight.

The Ring Floodlight camera is hard wired to an electrical box. No battery at allā€¦

Re check the works with smart things and filter by cameras and ring and you will see that there are no battery powered devices except for the ring video doorbell that are supported

Sorry, I live to be confused. The Spotlight is what I meant to say and that is not listed as compatible.

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite alright. Yeah the battery powered spotlight cams are not supported. Mind you not all of the function of the mains powered cameras are supported either only a small fraction of the features.

Spotlight looks good now.

@twack for those of us that donā€™t have the device, what was changed?

You are now able to add the Spotlight Battery Powered device.

1 Like

Ah, cool! Same capabilities as the wired version?

Spotlight cameras importing video nowā€¦ floodlight has video of sorts but its messed up

Added spotlight cam battery but not getting video. Also, the battery model wasnā€™t an option in the list of supported cams

update
I discovered the video works in the classic app, sometimes, but does not work in the new app. I added the cameras via the new app and both showed up as spotlight cam battery. When adding the cameras via the classic app, you cannot change the device type to any other spotlight cam. Only floodlight cam and doorbell cam show up in the list. Changing does not help functionality in either app.

@twack I am guessing that SmartThings team is working on fixing the factory built in DTH for the Ring cameras. Does this mean that perhaps native control of the siren for the spotlight, and floodlight cameras isnā€™t too far down the road?

Are you getting video streams in the new app from spotlight cam battery?

I am using spotlight camera wired.

Ring floodlight camera view.

Question for those of you with this set up. I was going to get the floodlight cam, but was not impressed the the light output. I know I can replace the motion sensor on my current dumb flood light with the Spotlight Cam Mount version. With the Floodlight cam, you can select when you want the light to come on and off, but the Spotlight cam version only triggers the lights with motion or manually. If add the Spotlight Cam Mount to my current dumb floodlight and add the Spotlight to SmartThings, can I set the lights to come on and off in SmartThings like I would a normal switch?

I purchased a Ring spotlight camera (Battery) recently and successfully add it to Smartthings. I can see Live View and turn on/off the light via Smartthings, but Smartthings is not registering any motion detected by the camera. i.e. if I set up automations using If motion is detected by Ring camera, send me a notification. Nothing happens. Any idea on how to make it work?

Any help appreciated.
Iā€™m in the UK and have Ring products.
The doorbell integrates just fine however after having made sure I read the linking compatibility section I purchased a spotlight cam wired.
Everything is fine in the Ring App however after unlinking and relinking the Ring to Smarthings connection only the doorbell shows up.
I have spoken to Ring about this and they say I need to contact Smarthings about this as everything is working from there end.
Ok is this yet again a ā€œUS onlyā€ function or should it work here in the U.K?

check this thread :

I ended up sending mine back to Amazon