Ring Doorbell pro video not working on Smartthings Classic app

Hi I’m new to the forums.

I’m currently looking for help on how to get the RIng Videodoor bell pro video to work on the smartthings classic app. The Doorbell connects to the app and alerts when there is motion but when I click the play button for the video feed the app just restarts every time. I have force stopped the app and cleared the cache but nothing works.

Futhermore I downloaded the new Smartthings app and the Video works in there but it doesn’t work in the smartthings classic app? See the attached picture.

Can anyone help?

It’s not just you. I just tested mine with the same result.
I would suggest opening a ticket with SmartThings at support@smartthings.com

Same results here, and maybe this is expected behavior as part of the Classic’s app’s eventual retirement. It could be that back end systems/processes for supporting the Ring/ST integration have been updated and only really work (and will be supported) for the new app.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies.

I will try raise this question with Samsung. Unless someone else can provide a fix for all of us?

I experience the same thing in classic but works fine in the new app

I have the classic app prior to the Nov update. The Ring Pro will not play live view, but the app does not restart. I also have a standard Ring Doorbell and it works as expected.

So I contacted Samsung support and there reply was:

"I would like to inform you that, as the migration from the classic app to the new SmartThings app has officially started, we will no longer be making any fixes or improvements to the classic app. As it is working in the new SmartThings app, I suggest you to continue using the new SmartThings app.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you need any further assistance or have any other queries, please do contact us."

Hope that helps everyone.

I figured that would be the response.

Its a shame as the current smartthings classic app works better than the new app. But there’s no new on when the classic app will be removed altogether?

Official migration has just begun, but expect it to be months.

It’s working for me today. I’m running the Classic App prior to the Nov update.