Ring doorbell issue

This doesn’t actually have anything to do with connecting to ST, but I can’t seem to find help anywhere else with it, so hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

I’m helping someone with their Ring doorbell. I don’t know what generation it is, but I’m thinking it’s 2nd. It was given to them several months ago, but it just got installed a couple days ago. It is connected, and everything seems to work except when you go live, it says there’s no internet connection. However all other functions work. It will chime when someone walks up and even take a video of them,and it takes the periodic snapshots, but won’t work when you click on live view in the app. We’ve reset the button on the back, and restarted the wifi router just in case.

1 Like

Ring support is usually very helpful.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us

They also have their own forum.

You will definitely need to know which exact model it is, but the folks at either of those two places will be able to help you figure that out. :sunglasses:

Check to see if their Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz share the same name. I had some problems that cleared up after renaming one or the other. And on another occasion it apparently fixed a problem when someone’s Ring Chime wasn’t working.

Might not help in this case, but maybe something to look at.

2 Likes