My ring stick on cameras i cannot get linked with smartthings. When I go to link it. It doesn’t give an option to find the device. I had no problems with the ring doorbell but these cameras with smartthings doesn’t give an option to find the device?
Since new ST app update none of my Ring products refresh anymore. It’s been a very disappointing experience from the start with refreshing taking a minute or so. Poor communication between the companies.
This will now work. ST have pushed a recent update this month so that all ring products are supported.
Here is how
To do so, use the following steps:
- Open SmartThings.
- Click on the main Menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click on the gear/cog Settings icon.
- Click on “Linked Services.”
- Swipe on Ring to reveal a “Delete” option.
- Delete Ring (note this will remove the devices from SmartThings, affecting Automations or Scenes you may have created for them).
- Once Ring is deleted, you simply go about re-adding it through the Home screen > “+” > “Device” > “Ring” flow. It will add using the latest version and discover all devices on your Ring Account.