Reset metrics data in IDE?

Respectfully, this is just not how zwave devices are designed to the independent third party standard.

Z wave is a self healing mesh network. The constructs are very different than Cisco Devices.

I am a network engineer and was a field tech before ever getting smartthings for my own home so I am quite familiar with troubleshooting methods for these networks.

To do the kind of troubleshooting that you describe, the field tech would remove the device from the network and then re-add it. Or add another device if you were trying to strengthen the mesh. Not reset counters that are kept by the hub for the hub. :wink:

Smartthings has its own architecture which it overlays above the third-party protocols, which is why I can’t say how or when they might redo those numbers, or even what numbers they are showing you. Just as an example, most certified Z wave hubs give you a network table which shows all possible paths. Smartthings does not, they just show you the most recent path reported to the hub. It’s not very useful for troubleshooting, but they don’t seem to care about that very much.

Given your strong technical background if you are really interested in learning how to troubleshoot zwave networks, I suggest getting the third-party toolbox Device which is available from zwaveproducts.com , but you will need to accept the mindset that you, the human, do not control the routing. The system does that for itself. And that the usual troubleshooting methods involve removing devices from the network and then adding them back in again.

See the following thread for more discussion of the toolbox. (The topic title is a clickable link)

And here’s the user manual. I think you’ll like the tools that you see here, it’s just that you have to spend significant money to get them so most people won’t be interested.

It’s actually a pretty elegant system once you stop thinking about it as a star or tree topology. But sadly smartthings does not give us any of the tools to really see what’s going on. :disappointed_relieved: