Replaced battery (w/new) on 3 motion sensors - all at 21%?

Hey all. I’m catching up on replacing low batteries on several of my devices, and the 3 Iris gen 2 motion sensors I replaced with a new battery a few days ago reported 21% instead of something much higher (they were at 1% or 11%). I expected at least 88%, but realistically 100% since they were all new batteries. I even tried some rechargables and older batteries, and every single time they reported 21%.

All the motion sensors are Iris gen 2’s (the nice small ones), and they are all running ST’s Smartsense Motion Sensor dth. Looking at Github, I didn’t see a change for battery reporting, but I have no idea if anything on the back end changed potentially to handle Edge drivers.

Out of curiosity, has anyone changed their battery on a motion sensor using the same dth? If so, have you noticed similar behavior?

Tagging @nayelyz in case she’s got any visibility internally to any change we can’t see.

Hi, @johnconstantelo. As I understand, you didn’t have issues with the battery percentage reported before, right?
When they started reporting 21% (before you changed them) did you notice which was the previous value? This is just to check if it dropped more than normal.
Please, send an email to build@smartthings.com with the following information:

• Devices names
  • Screen captures of what you see in the ST App.

We’ll continue our conversation there as I might need more private information. Thanks!

1 Like

Correct.

They started reporting 21% after I changed the batteries. Before that they were bouncing back and forth between 1% and 11%, and sometimes higher. Once they always showed up in the Status Information bar is when I started to change them.

I’ll send over an email shortly with your requested info, thanks for the quick reply!