[REMOVED] Nest Manager 2.0

Once you get the id you return to the weather preferences in manager app and enter using the format it shows below the input

I actually already had it enabled and I don’t see anything in the past 24 hours…I will keep a watch though!

Got it! Thanks tonesto! Looks incredible

Routines is still not changing home/away mode for me. Normally, but not all the time, it changes the temp settings correctly. I opened a ticket with support. They responded saying that my Routines are correctly working and the Nest is not a supported device. My supported devices have had issues too. Support included a link for me to read. The link sent me here, ironically.

ST isn’t even putting forth any effort into getting things to work. Non ST developers like @tonesto7 and @desertblade are the ones creating and fixing apps and they are doing a great job.

1 Like

Can you capture logs while you change routines and share with me in PM? When I change routines it works fine for me. Wondering if the logs will give a hint.

Hey, I’ve been away for a while from this thread. I know this app works different than the Chamberlain MyQ, but I just want to make sure the same won’t happen to this one. @tonesto7 @desertblade can you chip in? Thanks.

This is a major difference between us and the old Nest Device Handlers. The old Nest handlers did the same thing that the MyQ app did, using the endpoints that app calls and mimicking the official App.

I can’t speak to what Nest may do, but we “playing by the rules” with Nest. We are using the official Nest API, with a developer account.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought, but just wanted to confirm. You guys are the ones who brought me ST hope back!

2 Likes

Great question though as I had myself wondering. The difference is, I have almost $2,000 worth of Nest products and wouldn’t be easily replacing them like I am about to do with my MyQ device.

1 Like

Well I hope if we were overloading them or had issues with us integrating they would give us warning before they made the decision to pull the plug
:slight_smile:

1 Like

And we have a way to notify people of an update.

1 Like

@tonesto7 Just had a chance to finally update to 2.0.7. Sorry for the delay, been on an extended family vacation, well needed. I did a fresh install just to remove any concerns and all went well. Thanks again for all your hard work. Same to the rest of the community. If I can assist in any testing, please let me know. I will update if I run into any issues with my setup.

1 Like

Hi,

I installed the Nest manager but I run into a problem.

I have a UK Hub, used outside the UK (Netherlands).

When I click the Nest Manager in the SmartApps menu I get the following Status Page message:

“SmartThings Location or ZipCode info not found on your ST account. Please edit you account preferences to make sure they are set.”

Now my Hub is registered on the European UK server on https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com. I know the US server has this URL: https://graph.api.smartthings.com.

My hub isn’t registered on the US server so it’s logical there is no location/ZIP data on that. I am under the impression the Nest Manager looks for data on the US server and not on the EU/UK server. Is this correct? Is this the problem? If so, is there anything I can do to fix this? Can I bypass this check from Nest Manager 2.0 for example?

I think you should ensure you have a postal code and location setup for your ST account / location.

It does not have to be a USA zip code, it is how things like timezone, weather defaults, etc are understood.

This is in the ST mobile app

Select the list (hamburger, or 3 horizontal lines)
Select the gear (settings)
Ensure map location is set

1 Like

Eric, thanks for your response. I did that several times already. It doesn’t work.

Sounds like a support ticket is in order. Let us know if they are able to resolve it for you

I think we can work around this by allowing you to enter a manual timezone. Can you please open up an issue here:

I will get it added in today/tomorrow :slight_smile:

@tonesto7. My contact sensor automation doesn’t seem to be working. I open the door and the automation doesn’t even pick up on it. I am using motion specific modes. Is this a known issue?

What do you mean motion specific modes? Is it open contacts and motion (under Remote Temp)?

I used the Contact Sensors to turn off Nest the last 2 nights, but I just use window contacts.

I’ve been using it for awhile and it seems to be working well. I think if a door is opened and closed right away it may have issues. I’m not sure what you mean by motion specific modes?