Removed Hue Bridge, now cannot re-add it (Also affects Sonos, Netatmo, Wemo, DLink Cameras)

Yup had this problem for over 2 days now . So your not alone

This is now being tracked in the community-created wiki under known issues:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Bug:Cannot_re-add_Third_Party_service_manager(Hue,_Wemo,_etc)

1 Like

The only way I was able to see it was by creating a smartapp that prints out the hubs and their fw versions when a light switch is turned on

I just check in on my Smartthing and all of my WeMo switches are offline, 4 total. I wonder if some update happened that caused this. I can use the Android WeMo app and control them just fine.

Same issue here since last Friday (1/29). I did open a support ticket yesterday and got the same response.

I suppose I am being naive since despite all the horror stories I read about ST, this is actually the first major issue I’ve run into, but I really don’t understand how they can just let an issue such as this go this long without being fixed.

This has really got me in a bind because of the way my lamps are set up, I was relying on ST to control them, and they are the main sources of light in my home. Now I’m having to juggle two apps to control them manually, and I’m not going to even bother trying to explain it to my family.

I really hope they fix this ASAP.

I have the same issue with my Wemo switches. See post: Can't add Wemo App to Smartthings

What surprises me most about the WeMo issues is that with all the complaints of flakiness and general instability, no enterprising dev has created a Device Handler for local control. Back in my WeMo only days, I used an iOS app called “QuickSwitch” that could autodiscover WeMo devices on the network and control them farm more quickly than the stock WeMo app. I suspected, and confirmed with the dev yesterday, that the reason responses were so quick is that he was just addressing the devices directly across the LAN instead of bouncing commands through the cloud.

A quick google tells me that other folks:
http://moderntoil.com/?p=839
https://github.com/issackelly/wemo/blob/master/

Have created local WeMo control methods.

I haven’t heard anything further from support on this issue. I’m just over my 30 days, but honestly if this isn’t fixed by tomorrow, I am going to ask them to allow me to return the device. I just can’t be reliant on a cloud service if it’s not going to work.

I’ve run into exactly the same issue with my WeMo light switches. It’s disconcerting that an integration like this can just break and sit broken for over a week, considering that such integrations are SmartThings’ raison d’être.
Any update would be appreciated, SmartThings people!

I appreciate your patience while we get this worked on. Right now we have an update scheduled for early next week that should resolve the issue, so keep an eye out for it. You’ll be notified once it becomes available.

I feel the same way as you and was getting kinda antsy after not hearing anything for a few days, so I responded again to my support email and asked for an update, quoted above is the response I got from one of the ST engineers. I hope that it’s accurate, but I’m taking it with a grain of salt because I am pretty sure I read in another thread that someone else was told the end of last week.

One thing I am not clear on though, is if this issue is affecting everyone, or only people who have unpaired and need to re-pair their bridges. The other day I considered just going and buying a brand new hub and seeing if I could get it to work, then returning my current hub. I ultimately decided against it though, for now I will just try to not think about the several hundred dollars I have invested in the platform while it sits dormant awaiting their fix. Hopefully they will get us working again sooner than later next week.

Yeah I had read the same thing about the end of last week. I’m in tech so I can appreciate the panic caused by unanticipated outages of various sorts. I suppose they have to go through their due process and do QA and testing prior to deployment. It’s a balancing act between wanting to fix quickly the things that people depend on in their daily lives and wanting that fix to be secure enough that it doesn’t do worse damage to consumers and SmartThings’ reputation.

I have a few integrations and I only noticed this problem when I uninstalled the WeMo integration in order to try to fix what seemed to be unreliable results with ST. I also have hue bulbs but I won’t be touching that until this gets resolved - they seem to work more or less ok still.

This isn’t only in issue with people who are trying to re-pair a bridge, I got some new philips hue’s and was trying to add the new one in and get the error when just going into hue(connect). Also was having issues with a couple of wemo’s and went into memo(connect) and get the same message. So as far as i can tell it is everybody. Hopefully the info you got from smart things holds true.

We are now approaching the end of the week,still nothing. There is also now a new SmartApp issue on Android that began yesterday and is still ongoing. I really hate to say it, but I am gonna start looking for another platform.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare Raspberry Pi2 laying around, methinks i’ll be looking into openHAB

even worse mine stopped working on both locations a few weeks ago. support told me to remove through the ide and read the hue connect smart app… fine… but one of the locations is remote and now it found the hub but I cannot obviously push the button on the hub to find the individual lights. thanks support great guidance…

now I am sol till I fly back up there to do it!!! I opened a support ticket and ask them if they could restore the devices from the database … again no response.

Did anyone that opened a ticket on this issue last week ever hear anything back from support?

I reached out to support again yesterday because I didn’t hear anything all week even though I was told both that the fix was coming early last week, and that once they pushed it I would receive a follow up from support. By Friday, I had not heard a peep, so I replied to my open ticket asking for info. A few minutes later I got the automated message that a new ticket was being created, so I assume this means that my original ticket was closed.

This time I was told that the fix was in fact pushed early last week, but that it apparently did not fix the issue for everyone. Once again, I was told that the issue has been escalated to the highest level, and that I will be contacted once a fix is implemented.

This has me so frustrated. I messed around with it last night, manually added a hue bridge device handler from the IDE, and now somehow the hue app shows under my smartapps, but I cannot open it, and the hue bridge device still doesn’t work.

Does anyone know what the true cause of the issue is? Is it understandable that ST themselves is having such a hard time fixing this, or are they just blowing smoke?

Woohoo! It’s finally fixed!

Yep can confirm. Received a reply from support on my ticket 15 minutes ago and immediately tried and was able to reconnect my Hue bridge. Hooray!

I received an email from support tonight saying the issue was fixed but I still can’t re connect my Hue bridge