[RELEASE] Zooz MultiRelay (ZEN16)

I’m not sure who Bud is, but my handler will be…

6 Likes

This is good news. Thanks Kevin!

Hi Kevin, thanks for creating these DTH handlers for ZEN16 and ZEN15 (and I’m sure there are others). They’ve been very helpful!
I’m glad I checked your pages, I was already half way to learning to write my first Lua Edge driver :frowning:
How/when would we be able access your Edge handlers, please?

Right now I’m looking at the list of devices in the Groovy IDE and the amount of work to do to restore the existing functionality after the upcoming shutdown is overwhelming.

Much appreciated Kevin

Question:
I have a dual relay switch from another company, Enerwave. [Enerwave RSM2-Plus].
The guy who wrote the handlers for this says he’s not creating Edge drivers for it.

But some person said he tried the ZEN52 edge drivers on this device and it worked.
He said he did it by changing the device type in IDE to ZEN52.
So I’m guessing that he means he checked that the devices are compatible driver-wise, that it still works.

Is there a way to use the Zooz edge drivers with non-Zooz devices?

BTW regarding your instructions above,

[quote=“[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel, post:1, topic:246497”]
If you’re using a custom Groovy handler for a device then you might need to remove it or add // in front of the fingerprint line to prevent SmartThings from assigning it to the device instead of the driver.
[/quote]

Just a quick note that the IDE doesn’t allow to edit anymore unfortunately.

Zooz almost always customizes the firmware of their devices so even if a device from a different manufacturer looks identical the configuration parameters usually aren’t.

You can’t force a device to use a driver that doesn’t match the device’s fingerprint using the mobile app, but it might be possible using the CLI.

Thanks for pointing that out. The onboarding process now looks at Drivers before custom DTHs so that step isn’t necessary anymore and I’ll delete it from the instructions.

Question for Kevin @krlaframboise
I’ve been happily using your custom DTH and zooz garage door app with a zen16 for years.
I see there is an edge driver.
I’m looking for your advice on how to transition; I’ve been waiting patiently for it to migrate - should I just sit tight? or should I remove and readd the device with the edge driver?
Will the smart app need any additional attention?

I highly doubt the migration is going to work for any devices using Groovy DTH that created child devices so you you’ll probably need to manually re-join the device after installing the Driver.

Keep in mind that if you do that then you’ll lose the ability to control the individual relays from other integrations like Alexa/Google Home because the new driver doesn’t create a child device for each relay yet, but I’ll be adding that functionality to this driver as soon as it’s officially supported by ST.

All Groovy SmartApps will most likely stop working around 12/31, but the post below explains what most users are using as an alternative.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!
I’m a little unclear on this: “Keep in mind that if you do that then you’ll lose the ability to control the individual relays from other integrations like Alexa/Google Home…”
I only interact with them directly via smartthings - will this still work as it did?

The only differences is that you’ll just see one device for it in the dashboard and you won’t be able to rename the individual relays. If you enable the “Large View” setting you’ll be able to see the state of all 3 relays in a large tile on the dashboard, but by default you’ll have to open the device details screen in order to see/control them.

Thanks again Kevin
I guess I will give the virtual hub method a go for now

Did you get this figured out?

I was able to use drivers from this channel.

Then download this driver: Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc

Exclude your enerwave switch from the hub then add it back and mine came up as a dual channel enerwave switch when it was discovered. Then go to the switch tile, click the 3 dots, go to settings and turn on create single device for switch 1. After doing that it created another switch, I was able to name the originally created one bedroom fan, and the newly created one bedroom light and they both worked flawlessly with smartthings and alexa.

1 Like

Thanks @Pjones2 !
I’ll give it a try

The Callaway.smartthings.com site is hanging when I click on the link (shows a constant swirling “loading” circle). Any idea how to address this?

I’m not sure what that is, but are you still having issues?

Actually, yes. Just a spinning circle on the top-center of the page indicating that it’s loading, but it never loads. I do successfully log in to ST.

The callaway site has nothing to do with Zooz so if you’re attempting to install the Zooz driver then you need to go to the link at the topic of the Zooz Driver topic.