[RELEASE] Zooz MultiRelay (ZEN16)

Dear @krlaframboise,

I have been trying to find a replacement for the FortrezZ MIMO2+ device since there is currently no DTH for it that works in the new Smartthings App. The Zooz Zen16 looks like it may be able to work and from what I see you have made a DTH that works well in the new App.

The FortrezZ product has two relays but also has two inputs that can be used to sense dry contacts as open or closed and send that information over Zwave.

From Amazon’s Q&A on the Zen16 it looks as though this device can also do the same thing? Can your DTH pick up the state of the contacts?

From Amazon:

Can the switch inputs act independently from the relays (i.e., can they be used as general dry inputs without affecting the outputs)?

Answer:

YES they absolutely can. I just received this device today and within 40min had figured out how to separate the inputs from the outputs. The manual calls it “Enable/Disable Manual Control for Sw(1,2,3)”. You want option 2, which is “local control disabled with on/off reports sent to the hub.” In most cases, you will also want to change “Switch Type for Relay (1,2,3)” to option 1 “toggle switch.” This will allow you to use the inputs (1,2,3) with contact sensors and report their state via z-wave to the hub. I am overall impressed with this device and it’s capabilities. see less
By digitalcraftsman on September 9, 2020

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like