[RELEASE] Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

I just paired this device to my hub and installed this device handler. I’m not getting it to update. Only thing it shows in Recently are motion events. I need to monitor temp and humidity in my crawlspace so hourly updates would be great. How can I get this device to provide those? Thanks!

Finally was able to get all the data but it’s not refreshing the data. Temp and humidity are changing where the sensor is located but it’s not updating those. Any idea how I can get this sensor to report hourly?

Try my settings above

Thanks @Automated_House. Do I just change these in the classic app for the device?

Yes, and then wake up the device.

Okay, I did this at 11 last night. At 11:07 I received updated data for motion, illuminance, humidity, temp and battery. Since then only one update for temp, humidity and battery under the “recently” tab. I’m planning on using this sensor to monitor and automate a dehumidifier turning on/off so regular updates is important.

I believe it only sends an update if the values change. Also, is the device page in the classic app showing any pending changes?

I know the temp is changing so I’m at a loss. No pending changes are listed in the Classic app. Thanks

1 Like

Try lowering the humidity trigger to its lowest setting (can’t remember if 5 is the lowest or not)

I just lowered humidity and temp to their lowest trigger setting. I’m not home to hit the reset but will do it when I get home if that’s required. Thanks

Have Live Logging open when you use the paperclip to push the recessed button and wake the device up so you can confirm that the device really did wake up.

You should also keep it open for a while to see if nothing is getting reported or if it’s reporting the same values over and over which would explain why they’re not being shown on the recently tab.

3 Likes

Thanks! It looks like the sensor is reporting only when temp or humidity changes enough to trigger an update. I would prefer scheduled updates but this will have to do. I appreciate everyone’s help!

Hey @krlaframboise great DH! One thing I don’t understand … When I toggle the “Report luminance as Lux” option, nothing changes in any of the status tiles. What exactly does this setting affect?

It determines which value is used for the lux attribute which is what SmartApps look at.

Kevin,

Call out for some help please, regarding your handler - if interested, please see the end of this thread:

Thanks in advance

Kevin,
Is there any modification to control reporting frequency of illuminance and relative humidity?

Thanks

If you’re using my handler and the classic mobile app then you can change the reporting thresholds of temperature, humidity, and illuminance, but as soon as one of them reaches the threshold the device will report all 3 values.

The device takes measurements at 3 minute intervals so you can’t get it to report more than every 3 minutes.

Thanks Kevin,

I am attempting to reduce the illuminecance reporting frequncy , I will try changing the light trigger to 50.

Yes I am using your code and classic app, thanks!

Just keep in mind that no matter what you set the illuminance threshold to it’s still going to get reported every time temperature or humidity is reported.

1 Like

Thank you Kevin. I’ll live with the frequency of reporting.