[RELEASE] Zooz Q Sensor (ZSE11)

This is a device handler for the Zooz Q Sensor (ZSE11).

Features

• Motion Sensor

• Temperature Sensor

• Illuminance Sensor

• Humidity Sensor

• Tamper Alert

• Power Source

• Battery

Power Source: DC vs Battery

The type of power source used while joining the device determines the type of device it’s joined as and it can’t be changed afterwards.

When the device is joined as a powered device it won’t report the battery level or go to sleep so if you try powering it by batteries they’ll probably die within a day.

When the device is joined as a battery device you can still power it by USB, but it behaves like a battery device so you have to manually wake the device up if you make changes to the settings.

Important

I’ve noticed that motion reporting sometimes stops working after changing settings and/or manually waking the device up, but if you point it away from you for a few minutes it should start working again.

Screenshots

Device Handler Code

4 Likes

Ordered one just now, thanks Kevin.

1 Like

Just bought 2x as well. Very nice!

1 Like

Just got mine! Installed no problem, used the driver above.

HOWEVER – the reported temperature is approx 5 degrees below actual! Is there a way to calibrate or adjust an “offset”?

I second the request for temperature correction, it really should be baked in day 1. I have two I am testing out, but have hopes to use them as wired high-polling-rate temperature sensors for my thermostat if everything works how I want it.

The device doesn’t support offsets, but I’ll add settings to the handler and manually implement that feature this weekend.

1 Like