[RELEASE] Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

It looks like the wake up interval is set to 10 minutes so if you tap refresh and wait 11 minutes, does the value update?

What do you see in live logging?

Is it the change trigger that changes how often things report? I am trying to make the humidity report more often but I am having difficulties trying to make it work…

The device takes measurements at about 3 minute intervals so you won’t be able to get it to report more often than that, but if the humidity threshold is set to 1% then it should report every 3-5 minutes as long as the humidity level has changed at least 1%.

Make sure you wake the device up using the paper clip after making changes to the settings.

I’ve found that it reports humidity no more often than the 3 minute limit but possibly less often, even if the humidity changes, if the device is seeing a lot of motion.

I have one over my shower and use the humidity change to detect when someone is in the shower and to trigger an exhaust fan. That works fine but if it’s aligned so it can detect motion in the shower it seems to lock out humidity reports so it might be 6 or 9 minutes later before the rise in humidity is reported and the fan triggered. I can see the behavior very clearly in the logs.

1 Like

Same here. Very annoying.

Have you adjusted the reporting threshold for the humidity sensor to the minimum? That should help with more frequent reports!

No it doesn’t. I have tried every setting. No impact on the reporting frequency.

Are you waking the device up with the paperclip after changing the settings and verifying that it no longer shows pending changes?

Yes, that has been done.

1 Like

Is it possible at all that humidity at the spot where the sensor is installed doesn’t change that fast to be reported more frequently? Another reason for lack of reports could be that some commands are dropped due to other prioritized communication in the network.

No. I have it mounted on the wall close to the roof just over the shower.
When it changes it jumps from 40/50% to 65/70% in one jump.
It just takes a long time to do that. Usually close to 9 minutes.

I have mine near the ceiling about 18" from the shower door and mine usually updates within 3-5 minutes. but i’m also in Denver, so the starting humidity is pretty low.

1 Like

Do you mind giving me your settings? I can replicate to see if there’s a specific combination that works.

1 Like

You can also email your advanced settings to Zooz support and reference this thread, they will probably have a couple of ideas on how to fine tune the parameters as well.

@Sineira Kinda ugly, but here they are in the IDE (i don’t have the classic app on my phone due to some testing i’m doing).

Thanks a lot. Set it to same.

With these settings the unit reported a change after 3.5 - 4 minutes.
It increased humidity from 51% to 75% when placed for that time inside a steaming shower …
That’s definitely better than 9 minutes!

1 Like

It’s odd, the 5 items I changed were:
checkininterval 3 -> 4
decimalplaces 1 -> 2
Humiditytrigger 2-> 5
Motionsensitivity 3 -> 4
reportbatteryevery 1 -> 12

My Zooz 4-in-1 won’t connect to my hub.

I already was using it for a couple of years, but moved it to a Hubitat Hub and now I am moving it back to SmartThings.

I have your new Device Driver published.
I excluded it.
I factory reset it.
I’ve tried “manual” install

SmartThings just won’t sense it.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried removing the batteries?