Virtual Garage Door Manager SmartApp - v01.03.00
- Patch to reduce messages in recently tab of devices
Virtual Garage Door Controller Device Handler - v01.01.00
- Patch to reduce messages in recently tab
Will this work with a Fortrezz MIMOLite?
On request:
Thank You for this addition. Is this the OFF slider at the top of the config file?
Thank you I was looking at the outlet itself.
Interested in this. Do I have to use a relay or can I tie this into a GE Z-Wave Plus switch in my Garage?
Hi
I am using a raspberry Pi as my relay and my contact (for door status) I have a proximity switch on the door that closes when the door is closed. The input from the Pi changes state but the status on the Smart App is exactly the opposite. When the door is closed the app things it is open and vice versa. Can I change this in the APP? If so where?
Thanks
So is there a way to hide the original relay device ? Or will that always be there and I have “2” Garage door devices on my list?
ST doesn’t have a feature to hide devices. What I have done is prefix the name of devices that shouldn’t be used with a “z”. This puts them at the bottom of the list. I also don’t add them to rooms either.
Thanks. I was just curious if the device handler could be used by relay and make the device work through smart app. (without having another device on the list)
But I can do this method of renaming to Z
Unfortunately this isn’t possible because this SmartApp and its child device “blend” states and commands from your relay and door sensor. These two devices independently don’t have everything in one view, hence the need for a separate device. I ended up prefixing the sensor and relay with a letter to put it at the bottom of the list. I use virtual devices for many other automations and have gotten used to this.
Installed device handler and app. Changed device type of a z-wave switch to “Virtual Garage Door Controller” in IDE.
The app shows “Unknown” state.
Any advice?
Thank you!
It means it hasn’t been used/initialized as yet, so it doesn’t know the current state. Once you use it, it will update the state.
Just to clarify, does this give me a separate “open” and “close” button and does it know the state? Or there just a button to toggle the state? In other words, is there a “close” button that will only shut the garage if it’s open? But if it’s closed, leave it closed?
It creates a virtual Garage Door device in your ST app. The open button will only open if its closed and vice verse.
See the first post for a screenshot of the virtual garage user control buttons.
I noticed in the first paragraph of the installation instructions it says “NOTE: You need to use the SmartThings Classic mobile app and NOT the new SmartThings mobile app.” I’m still using the “Classic” app and the installation went fine. Will this stop working when we eventually shift away from the “Classic” or is this just a current requirement for setting it up?
Current requirements. ST’s new app doesn’t provide any way to add custom devices or apps. When they do add support for installing custom apps and devices the instructions will be updated.
EDIT: The devices have been updated and they will show up as open/close sensors for now in the new ST app. Once ST adds support for custom garage door controllers in the new ST app the devices will be updated again to add the new capabilities.
So if I have everything working the way I want, for now, would updating the mobile app allow all previous custom devices, smartapps, and Webcore pistons to continue to work? I might be ok with not being able to add more for awhile, but sure wouldn’t want to lose what I have. Oh, will the SmartThings Groovy IDE continue to work going forward? Thanks in advance…
A Momentary switch is a Relay switch that automatically turns it self off, like a “Push” button.