[RELEASE] Rental Lock Automater - Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, Booking, Expedia

I setup the rental lock automater with 6 rooms (7 locks total including front door lock). It has been working smoothly. Thank you.

I added my own website and it support the iCal sync. I setup to sync with airbnb without any problem. However, I would like to sync with Rental Lock Automater. I try to use Vrbo or homeaway slot to put in the iCal export link, but it only allows me to generate code using check in /check out date. But I know the export include phone number, are there anyway I can use phone number to generate code? Please advice. thanks.

1 Like

We have a BETA version in testing which can support custom iCalendar links with phone numbers. Feel free to email our support desk to participate.

Rental Lock Automater (RLA) - Version 03.10.00

• Now you can automate user code generation for Expedia reservations
  • Optimized layout of door open/close action page when multiple locks are selected
  • Trim extra spaces from iCalendar URL and improved error checking

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the buffering device should be between the hub and the lock for maximum effectiveness).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

© RBoy Apps

In reference to the the User Management Slots, could you add a new editable field called NickName? So initially, this field will be pre-populated with the same information in Name field. As well, update the app so that app alerts show the NickName in app alerts versus Name. In the end, if I enter John Doe into the Nickname field, I would now like to be able to see app alerts using the nickname field, like “Door lock was unlocked by John Doe via keypad” versus seeing app alerts like “Door lock was unlocked by AirBNB (ABC1234DEF) via keypad”

Here is an example of the current alert, which isnt too helpful.

If you’re looking for a keypad check out the new Ring Alarm Keypad. It’s one of the best keypads we’ve come across. If you want to use it outdoors we would recommend some sort or enclosure. For indoors it’s fabulous.

Rental Lock Automater (RLA) - Version 04.00.00

• Fixed an issue where some booking sites reporting out of order reservations were not being processed
  • Added support for custom iCalendar integration

Introducing Custom Calendars

Now you can use your own custom booking site or calendar or integrate with hundreds of booking providers who support exporting reservations in an iCalendar format. It supports 3 types of automatic codes, phone numbers, check-in/check-out dates and random codes. You can find more details about how to configure and use custom iCalendars here.

Custom calendars have been tested with the following providers iCalendars (please refer to our website for an updated list):

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the buffering device should be between the hub and the lock for maximum effectiveness).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

© RBoy Apps

2 Likes

Exciting release!
I am using YourPorter. Just downloaded your new app.
I tried to follow the steps described in your link, and entered a shared calendar I created with yourporter that has only the guest name (mandatory), dates, & phone number in it. Nothing else.
But I get an error message saying “No reservation data available in custom calendar response from xxx”

I am a little doubtful that YourPorter is exporting the calendar in an iCal format. Maybe this is the problem?
On YourPorter, I followed these steps: Menu > Share Calendar > Create a Link to Share > Phone Number > and I received a link in the format http://pform.us/abcd

Hey there. thank you for sending the details via email. The link you have is a web page and not an iCalendar link. The best way to test if you have the correct iCalendar link is to open it in a browser and it should prompt you to save the iCalendar file; if it doesn’t, then it’s not an iCalendar link. You may want to contact Your Porter support for instructions on how to get the iCalendar link for your property.

Thanks! YourPorter just answered my question.
I’ll leave the answer here for other Your Porter users: Menu > My Listings > Export iCal.

Unfortunately the only information in there is the Guest Name. No phone numbers :frowning:
Which means the only option for automated codes is based on check-in/out date (not as secure as phone numbers).
If enough RBoy users use YourPorter, maybe we can get them to hear us and make the change.

Thanks again maddie and the team for the iCal implementation! Great feature!

3 Likes

Are there any locks that allow me to disable the “inside” unlock mechanism. I have an AirBnB in our basement. I want to be able to lock the door when we leave the area so that the people staying there can not open the door. They have their own door that leads to the patio.

As far as I understand it, I can lock the door, but they would be able to unlock the door by just opening the deadbolt from the “inside”.

I, too, use Your Porter. I would love to be able to use phone numbers with Rental Lock Automater. I will let Your Porter support know.
For that matter, VRBO doesn’t seem to use phone numbers in it’s ical either, which is really a shame.

1 Like

On popular request

Rental Lock Automater (RLA) - Version 04.01.00

• Update/customize codes for each automatically generated user (in addition to check in/out dates)
  • Run the clear codes procedure to reset customizations for automatic users

RLA now supports Custom Calendars integrations for for hundreds of custom PMS systems.

© RBoy Apps

We have a small 30 room boutique hotel and would like to use RLA or Lock Manager API. I’ve read through some of these posts and think we could make either work. If someone has already provided a FAQ or post on this, please point me in that direction.

It is a small hotel with exterior doors, 2 stories. Is it possible to set up enough hubs and repeaters to accomplish this so that staff can control the locks from a central location?

Just want to say thanks to Maddie and the team at RBoy Apps. Every time I have a question it’s promptly addressed. The code is flawless and it’s been the backbone of my business for the past 3 years.

Thank you!

4 Likes

After not being able to change passwords on newer schlage be469 locks because compatibility issue with wink and even smartthings doesn’t work properly in Canada, rboy fixed everything and helped me make massive improvements to my airbnb building.

Their email support is phenomenal and very responsive, I’d suggest you read the FAQ twice before contacting them.

Thanks Maddie

2 Likes

I assume this is an issue with the app and the new smart things app.

@maddie,

I am unable to edit in the smartapp the time starting for a new user. As soon as you click on the time, it refreshes and then becomes unchangeable. I do so the time wheel for a second but then nothing.

Never had an issue with the classic app doing this

Given that samsung is depracting classic app, can you look into this?

It a bug with iOS 14 and the new ST app rendering of time inputs. ST is aware of it (ticket no 1067968) because it’s affecting all SmartApps. Send them a note at support@smartthings.com with a video and reference ticket no 1067968 to get them to prioritize fixing it. The only “workaround” is to use iOS 13 or an iPad.

This update allows business using hourly schedules like Yoga centers, Gyms, Offices, Community centers to automatically synchronize user codes with the calendar and automatically generate/manage codes. It can also generates codes based on phone numbers, see custom calendars FAQ for more details.

Rental Lock Automater (RLA) - Version 04.03.00

• (New) Option to synchronize the start/end times with the calendar directly instead of using the preset check-in/check-out times using the custom calendars integration
  • (New) Refresh the Manage Users page automatically to reflect changes in the user programming status
  • (Fixed) Don’t update user codes once they are generated, even if the reservation details (start/end dates) change (for check-in/check-out based automatic codes)

RLA now supports Custom Calendars integrations for for hundreds of custom PMS systems.

© RBoy Apps

• Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open

Where is this option now in the new app? I can’t find it anymore.

Just moved my properties over to smartbnb and I am currently using RLA to manage my lock. I was wondering if you found a solution to integrate your VRBO listings to automate the lock process?