[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

The new app automation engine is tricky to setup (and sometimes buggy). I think you’re trying to replicate the “When things quiet down” feature of the Classic app in the new app using the automation. Here is an example of how to replicate that feature in the new app using automations.

Ok, I’ve duplicated your example. I’ll try it tonight.

I noticed my Motion Sensors are greyed out. Have you seen this before?

Just got one of the GoControl, works great with the RBoy handler of course.

Is there really no way to reduce the “reset time” lower than one minute? I’d love a 20 or 30 second reset.

Hey there. That is a hardware limitation of the device itself at this time.

1 Like

Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 03.00.00

• Support for new ST app including dynamic sensor displays on dashboard

IMG_7136 IMG_7137

NOTES

• The UI changes can take 24 hours to take effect due to platform caching. One way to force the cache to clear is to change the device handler to a “Z-Wave Device” and then back to this device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in.
  • This can take some time after an initial pairing to communicate properly with the mesh. IT also helps to keep the sensor within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

I just updated the DH, when I try to set it to report Temperature on the new ST dashboard screen it shows a greyed out motion sensor and says “Checking Status…” If I go into the device all data looks good.

“Checking Status…” only seems to happen on Android devices (I have tried two). On my wifes Iphone the Temperature default works fine

It’s an issue with the new ST app. Tagging @erickv

Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 03.00.01

• Fix for some device settings Save button not working after SmartThings mobile app update