[RELEASE] HomeSeer Floodlight Sensor HS-FLS100-G2

This is a device handler for the HomeSeer Floodlight Sensor GEN2 (HS-FLS100-G2).

IMPORTANT:

• The motion related settings get overridden when the physical dial is set to “T” so make sure move it away from that setting when you finish testing. The settings within ST override the dial setting for everything except “T” so it doesn’t matter what you move it to.

• This handler does not support the GEN1 model.

Features

• Switch

• Motion Sensor

• Temperature Sensor

• Illuminance Sensor

• Supports all of the device’s configuration parameters

Screenshots

Device Handler Code

1 Like

Very nice! Did you get to attach this to a floodlight and see how responsive it was or how well it performed?

I only had it attached to my testing box, but the bulb attached to it would come on quickly when I’d entered the room.

The only issue I noticed was that when the off time is set to the minimum value of 8 seconds the light turns off as expected, but triggering motion shortly after doesn’t turn on the light back on even though the motion notification gets sent to the hub.

I’m thinking most people would have it set to 30 seconds or more anyways and it’s possible that issue doesn’t exist when it’s mounted outdoors…

1 Like

Appreciate the insight. Thanks, Kevin.

Was anyone able to switch this device into “Z-wave only” mode? (Setting configuration parameter 5 to “0”.)

In my case, PIR activity always turned on the switch, even in this mode. I would really need to switch the device in this mode for my application. I posted about this here, where I also have some links to other forums that discuss this device, just to connect the dots, in case someone needs more information.

Update: I solved my issue as reported on the linked Home Assistant web page.

Thank you for letting us know you figured it out. I ran into the same problem while writing the handler, but I completely forgot about it.

I’ve added a warning about that to the first post.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please delete that link because it’s not a handler for this device so it’s going to confuse users…

1 Like