[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

@michaelahess is right.

In the code, around line 55 you will find the word true, change it to false.

5 Likes

And bookmarking so I don’t forget this again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok I might try this too. One question, if Ady updates CoRE, and I go into the ide to get the latest version, will all instances of CoRE update too?

yes… you only have one install of the actual code in your IDE… you just have multiple cloud installs… they all pull from the same IDE code. update that and it is reflected through all of them.

Don’t you have to change line 55 again after the update?

if you plan to install more instances of the app, yes… if not… no.

I installed one too many when I first did it… so, I just it to make all of my examples for other people in…

I’m at 47 pistons and noticed CoRE takes awhile to load, and also awhile to save changes to pistons. Does splitting into separate installations make it quicker? If so, I’ll be doing this too.

when I first did it I noticed a marked improvement in performance.

I look at it like this… Look at the smartapps that ST has published. Small, mostly simple, one shot types of smartapps. apps that allow multiple installs. apps are limited in the amount of server time they get before being killed.

I see a system that was designed for apps like smart lighting… so, treat the more powerful apps the same way and they will run the same way… reliably.

1 Like

I added 3 additional installations tonight, moved 20 pistons from the old installation to the new ones. Huge difference in load times, the app is faster and the dashboard pages even load faster. I’ll probably do 2 additional installations tomorrow, that’ll give me a total of 6. With 47 pistons, that’s less than 10 per installation on average with room to grow.

1 Like

I’ve seen a number of references to virtual switches. Could you provide some information on how to create one? I’ve done some searching but can’t seem to find any documentation on how to create a virtual switch.

Thanks!

Here you go. PM or post if you have question.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. It’s exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Ended up with 5 instances, working great. It’s back to being a snappy, responsive app with quick loading dashboard pages. My biggest instance is the Inside Lights one with 16 pistons.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Did you know that you can access a CoRE piston from a device’s SmartApps page? Go to a device that is used in a piston, select the SmartApps page on the top selection bar and tap that piston. This way you don’t need to open the main CoRE app all the time…

6 Likes

I ended up with five instances of core. Roughly 10 pistons per install. It does work faster. I like that. Mine is very similar to yours I have one install for notifications, and one install for routines, one install for all my rules that deal with motion.

My original install of core is now a hodgepodge of different kinds of pistons. Trying to figure out how to break that down even more.

3 Likes

Yes, I did know that. I try to do it as often as I can. But sometimes I need to go into the main core app to fix other things. :sunglasses:

This is a much faster way to get in, yes :slight_smile:

Hi there, first, amazing work. i am stunned with the concept and the realization so far. kudus.

Is there a way to invoke a pistol externally using an HTTP call,
such as
https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/api/token/{secret token}/smartapps/installations/{whatever parameters}

thanks !

So, I am so confused here. for some reasons I can get lights to turn OFF , but if I want them to turn on they do not.

see the timer just times the offs, but none of the on’s or set levels… . I’m going insane, this is my first piston and its killing me. Ideas? please help?

Have you tried this using just one or two lights first? Something simple just to see if it will work as expected?