RELEASE (beta) - Xiaomi Honeywell Zigbee Smoke Detector

Just an update, now have four working continuously for last 6 months or so. That’s using the original created DH.

However the other night I had a ‘scary ass’ moment when one of them triggered (at 01.50 hours) lights all went on and smoke indicator on the app went off. Panic mode i can tell you. Anyway - false alarm.

On the device in question, for a brief moment smoke was detected and then instantly cleared itself. It had cleared it self and the alarm wasn’t going by the time i went to check. Wondering has anyone else had an issue with this (not that once really is an issue) ?

mike

Hi Mike,

This morning 5:30u the smoke detector gave a false alarm.

I checked the housing, no smoke, no fire.

I removed the battery and just reinstalled it, still false alarms.

Small bugs inside?!? Don’t know how to fix this.

The same smoke alarm has done the same once more since the above date - however the other 4 have not. This smoke alarm is some distance in comparison to the other and replies on a repeater. I’m guessing its either a battery issue or distance. if you have another one try swapping it with another and see.

mike

Can’t get rid of the false alarm.

Removed the battery for hours, pushed short, pushed long on the button, still have smoke alarm.

Reconnected to the ST, no improvement.

Any idea how to reset the detector?

sorry I have no idea - when my alarm went off through actual smoke testing - i just cancelled it as per a normal intruder alarm.

How do I add this to smartthings? Search doesn’t come up with any things.

Hi @sapstar,

Remove the battery from the detector and add the DTH to your system.

After that start in the app Add a Thing. Install the battery and press a few times on the pushbutton on the detector.

You will see the detector appearing in the App.

Grtn Ben

#metoo Tried everything :frowning:

Does anybody know if this device can also be used for other alarms than gas events? Basically turning the siren on over Zigbee to signal other alarms. For example, if my ST hub gets a motion alarm?

I assume the groovy drive does not support this. However, I can add it if the device supports it. Is there a zigbee cluster that gives control of the siren? Can anybody post the catchall signature of this device so that I can look it up?

Hi Foz is there any way to have it show up as a sensor with a ‘when smoke detected’ value? At the moment it shows as a device and shows when smoke was last detected but I can’t see a way of using that event to receive a notification or sms that it is happening.

Time for a cigarette or other smoking solution for functional test.

You can remove the smoke detector from the wall or ceiling and take it to a more suitable place to start “a :fire:”.

A few paper towels in an empty dustbin or other can… Even a small fire should be detected.

Or buy a can with smoke detector test mist/fog.

Then the detector starts screaming and shows up in your SmartThings App.

That’s a good test for what you want.

Grtn Ben

Thanks for the tip I’ll just ask the missus to make some toast! I’ll test again and get back to you :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone know if one sensor can trigger other smokesensors?
If i get a detection in my bedroom that it can trigger the one in the livingroom?

Also, what is the status on these sensors now… is the DH good, is the sensor stable?

Thanks
Tor

No one?..

Soo… not possible or what? :slight_smile:

Anyone know anyone knows a way to remotely trigger the alarm. And to link them with other alarms around the house. For example, if my kitchen alarm sound it can sound the bedroom alarm?

No.

A number of people working on a Home Automation project called the deCONZ REST plugin (which provides a REST-API interface to access ZigBee devices) took a very technical and detailed look at all of the functions of the Xiaomi Fire Alarm and found that there is no way to remotely trigger the devices alarm sound. Not even when using the Xiaomi Gateway.

For some reason the device handler works very well in the classic app but not in the new app where the device always said to detect smoke.

Devices with custom device handlers such as this Xiaomi Honeywell Smoke Detector are not officially supported by SmartThings in the new mobile app.

Some users have been attempting to find ways to modify the device handlers to allow the devices to work in the new app, but features such as the preference settings of the device handler are still completely absent.