RELEASE (beta) - Xiaomi Honeywell Zigbee Smoke Detector

i ordered 2 from gearbest, they came without battery…
I have CR123 batteries in house, not CR123A (if that would make a diff).
But when i put them in and press the button, they give a orange light when i press it, but what ever i try to do, i will not get a Catchall event… It keeps beeping once every 30~60 seconds

Any help ? :slight_smile:

Removed the battery since it was suddenly not responding to the button.
Battery out, battery in and the led suddenly is red when i press it.

I had an issue with newest one which didn’t come with a battery. But did it yesterday. Press every 2 -4 seconds and it connected. Shouldn’t have to do a catch all. It should connect via app and push. Battery reading shows up as 8 % just ignore.

1 Like

Seems that the battery i used was the problem, probably…
Now with a other battery (same model) when i pressed the button to pair, it was red and after the red came orange.
It paired normal without using the catchall :slight_smile:

Whats does the battery level read at? still havent had a chance to sit down and check why its at 8% - but all three show that level.

My smokedetector shows 100% battery. But the motion sensors i bought show 0% and 2%, which are new also :slight_smile:

Same problem here with the 8% battery issue, just got two new ones that came with batterys and smarthings is showing 8% on both

Hello will this code also work on the Xiaomi gas detector they sell

Would like to know as well just 200 rmb for the gas detector

Got one paired after multiple retries battery at 8% all the time and I don’t really see the last test timestamp getting updated

Hi,

just wondering for those who asked about the gas detector did you find a dth for it.

I got my smoke detector today and looking forward to hooking it up to his dth.

I’ll let you know how i get on.

Ok that was easier than expected. Added the DH and published it. Added in the battery. Used the App to Add new devices and pressed the button on the front numerous times. With the DH already publish, when the App find the device it knew what it was.

One word of warning, the button is also the alarm testing button, so be prepared for loud piercing beeps :slight_smile:

I guess like the rest of the Xiaomi things I need to wait a while for the battery and last refresh to call home.

Hello,

I’ve got problems adding the device as a “thing”.
Have added the device handler, but i can’t get a catchall or an automatic pair with the device.
How do you pair it exactly?
I pushed the button on top op the detector a few times (10, 20 times) and hold the push for about 10 seconds, but nothing happens.
Tried all possible combinations i think.

I’m fighting all this week with a couple of Xiaomi devices, just can’t get them work properly…

Hope someone can help me :slight_smile:

Thanks!

If you push the button it can go yellow. I assumed that was the pairing colour (I could be completely wrong) .

If you have similar xiamoi gear, then keeping ur app in add a thing mode, just keep hammering away at the button. It took a while bit it showed up.

Also I would move close to the hub when doing the pairing, in have found that helps.

One of the devices gave me a catchall, but he isn’t working i think, no batterij status and no last checked date.
Also can’t configure the device…
Used the modified version of the handler.

What a pain to pair these things with a baby in the house :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Battery status will show up in time, for last checked date, just manually test the alarm, then this field will update a few seconds later.

Yep, not very baby friendly at all … Unless you want to wake them up :scream:

Check YouTube video for the smoke detector on pairing procedure. It worked for me

Do you mean you paired it with a ST hub? Or a xiaomi gateway?

Also, why does the reviewer in that video keep referring to it as a WiFi-enabled device?

I paired it with smartthings, I don’t have Xiaomi gateway. You need to pay attention to the part of the video when they put the sensor in pairing mode. I think it was 3 short presses of the button.

I will try tomorrow, dit you paired with the catchall?

No, I just searched new things via the smartphone app and I put the smoke detector in pairing mode as in the you tube video. You need also the DTH to make it work

Before I have seen the video I paired luckily 3 sensors but for my last 2 I was struggling, then I searched youtube for solution