Release announcement on Facebook!

Ah - 71% of American adults. But the world is a much bigger place than just America and are you also suggesting that those too young to be considered adult are not people?

And yes, the monthly active count - that being the number of users who had logged in to Facebook within the last 30 days. Are you suggesting we should count all the dead Facebook users too? If so, the Internet user count will need to grow some too…

Guys, whatever you do, save one for me if its a v2. I am and will be 10000 miles away from my home on the “day” with a Stone Age mobile or internet connection. @april thanks for coinciding it with whatever it is with my b’day! So, members born on that day should have a guaranteed whatever it is at a discounted rate or as a b’day gift. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s actually higher in Canada at 76%. And Canadians are far more active.

At this point you are just splitting hairs @chuckles, in the places that SmartThings is marketing to, most of the people are on facebook.

2 Likes

Ok guys… I am in the remotest place thousands of miles away from US and few people have Internet connection or mobile here. And well the ones who have that privilege are all on FB! :wink:

2 Likes

The world is still much bigger than the USA and Canada combined.

I don’t see it as splitting hairs.

• Neither the original statement nor your subsequent claim qualified
    “in the places that SmartThings are currently marketing to” (did you
    see how I tightened that up for you? Facebook percentages are lower
    in the UK, much lower again in most other parts of Europe).

• I (and the majority of the world’s population :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) don’t reside within
    one of the subsets you’ve now decided, post facto, to focus on to support
    the original claim - does that mean our opinions don’t count?

Maybe you could go back and appropriately qualify the otherwise quite incorrect statements.

K. Off topic guys. I won’t delete, only because…but ontopic :): announcements happening on announcement dates. One happens to be on fb. No, i won’t force you to get all information on fb, or have to login to get features.

Twitter, fb, is just another way for us to reach others that may not use community.smartthings.com. however, whether its my team that posts here, or one of you posting here- all information will come back here…maybe sometimes a slight delay.

Sometimes, that is a neccessary task when we have multiple announcements on the same time. :slight_smile:

…i suppose, now is a funny time to also remind you guys about our twitter account : @SmartThingsDev .

3 Likes

You are no fun. It’s the only way to force these guys to get a Facebook account!

1 Like

You don’t actually have to sign up to see it. It’s a public post on a public page.

2 Likes

Hahahah!

A part of me has always wish i was one of those anonymous people online. I’ll never be the savior of the world of Big Brother. It’s all up to @chuckles now.

Github logo can be seen quite easily under “days” now. :smile:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/11782347_948103608565383_467028779286192101_o.png

1 Like

Considering the pain just experienced reading through this thread… this announcement better be huge and significant and life changing to make that worthwhile.

And seriously folks, MySpace is clearly the right place for this kind of thing.

1 Like

Well, not just me. I’d tell you who else is helping…but I don’t know their names… :laughing:

1 Like

Nah, I think the dress is blue.

6 Likes

It was always blue and black, people who couldn’t see properly thought otherwise :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t go on Facebook, but I am sure I will hear about whatever it is sooner or later. I am in development hell at work and haven’t tried anything new in awhile on the platform.

Have I mentioned to you guys to like the SmartThings Developer page on Facebook?

If you’re new to the service, you’ll be amazed at the people you can connect with.

As for our launch, look for it tomorrow. (Hint: you might have to join another new service :))

1 Like

Wait… Let me guess… Does it start with ‘git’ and ends with ‘hub’? :smile:

It’s about forking time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m new to programming and learning about the IoT, but slowly learning and hope with these upcoming announcements, that I can use my SmartThings to test some of my basic skills. From what I’ve read about forking with GitHub, that sounds like it will make learning to program my ST and hopefully create useful apps others can use super easy to pick up and run with. I can’t wait! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As someone who has used this platform for about a year now, I still learn something new every day from browsing the Github repositories of all the published SmartApps.

5 Likes