[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

I don’t. But @tgauchat said the video stream isn’t possible.

This is correct.

Exactly our current recommendation.

It’s just a tad frustrating to customers because they have a “perfectly sufficient” transcoder already in their homes in the form of the SmartThings Hub V2. But, alas, cameras are not an “open” object in the ST world.

Trying this out for the first time, as a front end for my family to be able to access. Right now, I have the three rooms in my house as panels (living room, and two kids’ rooms.) I saved each panel url to my android home screen, so I could access each room. However, it would be easier to have a “House” panel, and the three panels accessible under that panel, so I could look between rooms quickly, or perhaps swipe between panels?. As it is now, I have to close whichever screen I’m on, and click on the icon for another room.

[EDIT] Is it the “Shortcuts”? I just found this, and am looking at that now…

[EDIT] Ok, just made a Curry Home panel, and have tiles sets in there. Would be nice to be able to put blank spacers or something. I ended up putting both kids under KIDS’ ROOMS, so that their four combined lights would make a nice row straight across.

Now, how do I delete the old panels?

Just wanted to share my integration of Actiontiles, smartthings, and Raspberry Pi… It’s a LCARS look alike from Star Trek

14 Likes

That is brilliant :grin:

3 Likes

That’s flippin’ awesome. That’s pretty much the kind of layout I was looking for: rooms and sections under different headings, kinda like directories and subdirectories. Just can’t figure out how to do it.

2 Likes

Well, a friend of mine, simply built a website using java, css, and frames… And we linked to actiontiles, dakboard, my cameras, and I built a weather and traffic site to link to as well.

8 Likes

Well, your friend certainly needs to become our friend and share his website…:grinning:

2 Likes

This is an interesting hybrid approach… Thanks for sharing.

The “rendering” code of ActionTiles actually is a single page download and runs entirely in the browser.

While our architecture is super efficient and the latest trend, there’s some stuff that still works best running on a back-end server… Quite often in PHP.

With the desired customized look & feel and modules nearly entirely hand and hard coded, and running on one’s own virtual or home server, the flexibility and power is limitless.

To offer this to the masses, however, ActionTiles would essentially need to build a CMS (content management system) like WordPress. Come to think of it, this probably could actually be implemented in the WordPress framework using sufficiently clever Themes and Plugins.

Keep in mind that such high quality and flexible WP Themes tend to be priced at average $79/year plus hosting.

2 Likes

I believe many would pay the money to have something hybrid like that… I would. But I’m set now lol. ActionTiles should definitely look into that integration/offering in the future. As for LCARS automation theme I have, in the near future, I will put it on GitHub for anyone interested in modifying for themselves. Thanks ActionTiles for making this easy on me.

4 Likes

I would definitely like to play with the code so there’s a plus one.

sign me up

Does anyone know how to delete panels?

Read the Cue Cards / in-App Help option please :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have. Can’t find any directions to delete a panel. :frowning:

[EDIT] Finally found it… Too many steps…

Yup… We know. We will reorganize that menu flow sometime; but that’s why we have it explicitly on the Cue Card / Help in the meantime :hugs:.

Thanks for you persistent exploring, We appreciate when customers familiarize themselves with ActionTiles so they can discover everything it can do and can help us find usability issues.

Good job on the integration !

Is there any plan to support accented characters (é, à, etc.) on the news.php tool ?

Thanks !

An approach like the Divi builder from Elegant Themes would be pretty fab! Straight drag and drop. I was a WordPress dev for years from about 2008. When I ran out of time to do that stuff, I settled on Divi for simplicity. Although, I bet others do the same maybe without so much dependence on shortcodes…

This. The users understand limitations but what gets lost is that the video feed does work as [RELEASE] Generic Video Camera DeviceType, Yes, Live Video Streaming shows for the video feed (using onvif to get the urls) and then furthermore with FAQ - Integrating Blue Iris CCTV Web Server with ST and webCoRE - Instructions & Tutorials - webCoRE Community Forum is trying to combine WC and generic. But I get it as I said.

2 Likes