Raspberry Pi Codesys Project

Hi all,

Been a while since ive updated on this thread. I’ve been using Open Dash since the start of my project to great success. Even though the open Dash API smart app has not been updated in a long time it still provides everything that I need up to now.

As my project is evolving I am adding more and more devices. The more devices add the slower the Open Dash API responds from the “allDevices” endpoint. The poll time now can be 5 to 6 seconds or longer.

This is becoming a problem because I use my application for all automations (i dont use webcore or handle any automations in Smart things). Therefore I rely on the ability for the Open Dash Api to update the status of all my devices as quickly as possible.

Im thinking now that my only possibility is to go to a new web services api smart app using a webhook based approach. This is very new territory for me as I have not yet written any smart app and have used Open dash to provide me with everything that I need.

I know Patrick Stuart is not active on these forums any more so Im wondering is there anyone that can put me in the right direction for a transition into a new web services smart app that ultimately will provide everything that open dash has with either a web hook approach or faster return from an “allDevices” type of endpoint.

Any help would be much appreciated on this.

Thanks all.

1 Like