Example using new SmartThings Cloud API!

Hi All.

I’ just posting a link to reach out for some advice in my current project using Open Dash API.

Thread is located here: Raspberry Pi Codesys Project

Basically I have been using the Open Dash Smart App to provide a REST API to interface with my application running on a raspberry pi. This has been great up now at the point where polling is becoming too slow for my needs. The current poll time using Open Dash is taking 5 to 6 seconds or longer. I use the allDevice endpoint.

What im looking to do now is possibly move to the new ST API to allow me get real time updates or at the very least provide a fast response to an “allDevices” type of endpoint to quickly return the current status of all devices when I ask for it. My application really need updating every second when polling or when a new event happens using web hooks possibly.

Issue is I have no experience in development of a web services smart app. Essentially the new smart app I need to develop should have all the functionality already contained in Open Dash but i just need faster return on polling or move to real time updates.

My experience and application is coming from an industrial automation/PLC background. Based on what i am already using does anyone have any advice on how I can start work with the new ST API to give me the functionality I need.

Thanks in advance all.