Radio Thermostat CT-101 problems

After I first installed everything worked fine, except I wasn’t happy I couldn’t create a schedule, but now when I try to change the Mode settings I have no options.
I either have to go to the device itself and manually change the Mode or get Alexa to do it. Anybody else experience this problem?

Can you explain what exactly is happening? Is the tile missing or the there’s no response. If it’s the latter try to hit the black reset button shown here, sometimes it loses the connection with the hub.

RBoy

[www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!](https://community.smartthings.com/u/rboy)

Community Master

April 21

Scbart52:
when I try to change the Mode settings I have no options

Can you explain what exactly is happening? Is the tile missing or the there’s no response. If it’s the latter try to hit the black reset button shown here, sometimes it loses the connection with the hub.

[[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated UI](https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-enhanced-z-wave-plus-thermostat-ct-30-ct-50-ct-80-ct-100-ct-101-ct-110-zts-110-zts-500-gocontrol-honeywell-universal-device-handler-with-battery-humidity-lock-controls-clock-set-alarm-swing-temp-deadband-configuration-and-updated-ui/7284/264?u=rboy) [Devices & Integrations](https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations)

So for folks who are facing and issue with the thermostats stop communicating randomly with the ST hub (due to the buggy firmware please report it to ST support first), we found a quick fix for it. Till now you had two options, you can try the 10 minute cold reboot or exclude and re pair the thermostat. But here is a easy way to reset it without losing your settings or starting over. Open the thermostat top cover and there is a reset button. Press it for 15 seconds. Now open the ST app and click on the refresh tile to resync all the settings. Done! [image]

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

When you open the device and tap on mode a menu of options is supposed to show up. On off heat air.
I have 2 of these thermostats in 2 different homes and now nothing shows up, just blank.

Tried the reset and no change.

Ah that looks like a UI bug with the new ST Mobile app. Try to uninstall and reinstall it otherwise report it to ST support with a screenshot. @Kristina.Durivage

Thanks. Going to see if they can fix it before deleting and adding. It used to work great.

Does it work in the Classic version of the app?

1 Like

Yes, however, I try not to use the Classis App.

Understood, just trying to narrow down the scope of the issue.

@Brad_ST I see a similar issue with my ecobee. The current mode is blank, when I tap the tile I get a list of every option possible even though the possible modes are defined properly in graph. Classic displays correctly.

That may be an issue albeit a separate one.

The issue for the OP is that he doesn’t see any modes listed despite them displaying correctly in the IDE.

1 Like

Maybe the same plugin shows all modes in iOS and zero modes in Android?

1 Like

Indeed the device does appear differently in iOS vs Android.

I paired a CT100 in the office and the modes section is blank on Android and lists Off, Auto, Cool, Heat, and Emergency on iOS. I’ll file a bug report.

2 Likes

Maybe I don’t have the same issue, but my CT 101 doesn’t update the operating state (cooling vs idle) or fan state (running vs idle) reliably. Sometimes it’s second or minutes late, and sometimes it doesn’t report at all. I would like to use one of these states to turn fan on and off, but sometimes either or both is iffy